1,000 HP in a ford?

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
That is the plan...

20 pounds of boost 27 pounds of fuel pressure.

The limits on space will hurt but we will do our best.

I'm kinda doubtful but in the end the Dyno will tell.

I said I was done but I swear this is the last one.

20230201_192201.jpg

20230201_135803.jpg

Oh please do share more. I built a 545 phord with a single 88mm turbo and it made well north of 1000 with way less than 20lbs. What’s the engine combo?

302 dart cast-iron block, 348CI , 8-1 comp ratio, AFR heads and 20+ pounds of boost.

Simple right?

Oh yeah.. no intercooler or meth. Pump 91 in CA.

We will see. I'm not an engine builder. I am a welder / mechanic.
But by good luck my neighbor is a fantastic engine builder and has a in house dyno cell.

I was hired to do finish assembly on the car and I will sub out the engine tuning to my neighbor. Gromm Racing. The tough for me will be the plumbing. I plan on subbing out the header build because no one ever wants to pay and this one will suck big time.

Wow, you really meant it when you said you were done working on cars

I never would have thought you'd do a ford though

1577809363748.gif

302 dart cast-iron block, 348CI , 8-1 comp ratio, AFR heads and 20+ pounds of boost.

Simple right?

But by good luck my neighbor is a fantastic engine builder and has a in house dyno cell.

I was hired to do finish assembly on the car and I will sub out the engine tuning to my neighbor. Gromm Racing. The tough for me will be the plumbing. I plan on subbing out the header build because no one ever wants to pay and this one will suck big time.
Every swinging dingleberry out there wants a cool hot rod but I think they all want them to be given to them for free..

Cope do not, I’ll repeat, do not let them run that at 20 pounds with no intercooler on 91 junk Cali gas. Pretty please with sugar on top. E85 will be the ticket here.

Simple right?

Sounds like a solid small block combo. Convince them that they spent good money on parts and to spend good money on fuel.

My friends single turbo LS stroker makes 1200, ON E85.

(and I wouldn't dream of trying to put 1000hp in what looks to be a very stock (flimsy) mustang convertible! )

Nothing on the car is stock.

The owner spent the long dollar and we will see what he bought.

For once all the problems don't fall on my shoulders.

I'm not sure what this car is but the more I dig into it... it's not good.

This just goes to show, Shady shops exist.

Be careful where you spend your money folks.

-
Back