1/4 times 4 my car?

-

GoDartGo

thread killer un-member
Reaction score
I haven't run the quarter yet but would like to hear some guesses
what you guys think it might run.

3100# '71 dart--360LA w/ported magnum heads. about 9.5-1 CR.
Cam is the FT Summit 6901 276/286 @.441/.441=.470 w/ 1.6 rockers.
114* LSA

Dual plane air gap. Holley 750 DP w/1"spacer. 3" air filter.
1-5/8" Headers and 2.5" full exhaust and cherry bombs. No H pipe.

Stock 727 w/ 2500 converter. RMVB, 3.55's and 28" 275/60/15's
and slapper bars 3/4 from spring eye.

Probably would like a little more cam too , but I bet it is a real nice streeter.
High 12's is about right , and there always compromises to be made when a car is going to be driven on the street.
But there aren't a whole ton of actual 12 second cars on the streets in reality.
Lots of so called 10 second cars , but I have yet to see a time slip from most of them.
I don't see most of them doing a 10 if they were dropped from a tall building.
If you have a legitimate 12 second street car , you have a recipe for fun.

I live about the same amount of miles away from our drag strip, and I drive my duster there with 4:30s, but I don't go much faster than 55 mph, or it's screaming. Luckily it's all secondary roads to get there. LOL !

Low 13's, assuming you have good tires for hooking.

ya, the cam was a hot rush job after i wiped a few lobes
on a better one with lift just over .500/282'ish duration
and a 110 LSA.

ET is chassis dependent, It's capable of a really high 12. Probably run 13.80-14.00 unless you have a bunch of laps in the car. Then the low side will be more likely.

MPH, I'll guess right around 100 in the 1/4. Maybe 101-102 if it runs really good.

3200 lb Cuda.Same combo,less cam.1st pass, 14.99@ 99.Sorted out timing,Did the recommendedDirect Connection tweaks to the T/Quad.With fresh street radial(non drags),ran a best of 13.61@103 . The cam was a Crower 200/204@ .050, .421/.441 lift. My guess, 13.30s to 13.60s.

I'll guess 13.80s at 102.

The slapper bars will probably make you spin and wheelhop a little. Those belong on a Chevy...

The car in my avatar ran mid to high 11's with a very mild 440/727/3.91 SG. My setup was very simple: 28x9 MT slicks, 340 Duster springs, no snubber, good long travel shocks. Always hooked hard, street or strip.

I'll guess 13.80s at 102.

The slapper bars will probably make you spin and wheelhop a little. Those belong on a Chevy...

I've witnessed some really fast Mopars on slapper bars, most that think they don't work don't understand them or know how to dial them in, there old technology but they worked, chevies have "nothing" to do with it.

I've witnessed some really fast Mopars on slapper bars, most that think they don't work don't understand them or know how to dial them in, there old technology but they worked, chevies have "nothing" to do with it.

I agree Joe. Stiffen the front half and let the back half work. Although the front to back ratio does favor the Mopar springs without a traction device. Stock Mopar springs can take way more then a F-body GM or Ford can.

Wanna cool read?Feb 2012,Mopar Action.Bob Tarrozi,designer of the S/S springs.Or,go slappers.....:sign3:

Did you get to run her? My guess is mid 13s to to just under 14. My brother won the high school division in Billings Mt with almost the same set up running low 13s but with 3.91s

Probably would like a little more cam too , but I bet it is a real nice streeter.
High 12's is about right , and there always compromises to be made when a car is going to be driven on the street.
But there aren't a whole ton of actual 12 second cars on the streets in reality.
Lots of so called 10 second cars , but I have yet to see a time slip from most of them.
I don't see most of them doing a 10 if they were dropped from a tall building.
If you have a legitimate 12 second street car , you have a recipe for fun.
i hear that! my 12 second satelite sure beat alot of 10 second cars,lol

-
Back