1/4 windows 74 duster

-

George L

Reaction score
Anyone have a close clear picture of the space between the body and the chrome/galvanized track ,
I went to install the new windows and seals and there seams to be a very large gap .

Both quarter panels were replaced

I think I know what you are talking about. Did you purchase new foam seals? There are strips of closed cell foam that fill a space..if I understand your question that is. Sorry I didn't take a picture of it when I replaced mine, hopefully someone else did.

It looks like the trim pies is back to far , even though it is lines up with the pre drilled holes,
yes the foam strips are above this trim piece

pop out window 2.jpg

pop out window.jpg

The guy in this video had issues with the 1/4 windows fitting on his Duster with new AMD 1/4s installed. He had to trim some metal on the inside of the 1/4 panel to get his windows to fit:

It looks like the trim pies is back to far , even though it is lines up with the pre drilled holes,
yes the foam strips are above this trim piece

View attachment 1716017005

View attachment 1716017006
I thought you were talking about below the horizontal channel on the bottom. I used like 1/4" foam weatherstripping for the piece in your photo and had no problem as it squished down like the original.

-
Back