1.5L/90ci Blower On A Slant

-
The 371 might be a better match for a mild engine.

i think i would take the 4/71 over the M90 but i think the M112 would be better than the 4/71, will see though... just go for the gusto with a 6/71 lol

You're not the only one interested, dummy.

Then the 4:71 might be your man compared to the M112. 4 x71 =284. M112 is about 215~.

oh i had them backwards... was thinking the M112 was bigger. my dyno program is giving my numbers that seem off but it could be right, seems to want giant 300* cams to build 500hp...

You're not the only one interested, dummy.

lol i know.

Eaton have a newer design blower out, the TVS 2300, it has more twist on the lobes making it more efficient as well as 4 lobe rotors.
These guys are getting over 350hp out of a Porsche 3.6 air cooled with a M90
http://www.tpcracing.com/porsche-964-and-993-supercharger-kit.html

But water/meth injection is a must to keep the outlet temps under control.
I'm using an M90 on a 1.5 litre motor and anything more than 8psi boost the outlet temps go through the roof.

Eaton have a newer design blower out, the TVS 2300, it has more twist on the lobes making it more efficient as well as 4 lobe rotors.
http://www.tpcracing.com/porsche-964-and-993-supercharger-kit.html

But water/meth injection is a must to keep the outlet temps under control.
I'm using an M90 on a 1.5 litre motor and anything more than 8psi boost the outlet temps go through the roof.

good to know thanks

Then the 4:71 might be your man compared to the M112. 4 x71 =284. M112 is about 215~.

4-71 doesn't mean it's 284ci...it means thats the size blower used on a 4-71 detroit diesel...which is a 4 cylinder engine, where each cylinder is 71 ci...has nothing to do with the actual displacement of the blower unit.

An M112 is exactly what it says it is coming from Eaton-112ci, almost 2L.

the TVS 2300 isn't the same as an M90...it's a 2.3L blower hence the 2300 designation, which roughly translates to 140ci. You can keep putting a bigger blower on the engine, and keep pushing more air, but keep in mind the bigger the head unit the more power required to turn the rotors. And yes, the chemical intercooling is definitely a good idea if you can't find a way to run an aftercooler of some kind.

4-71 doesn't mean it's 284ci...it means thats the size blower used on a 4-71 detroit diesel...which is a 4 cylinder engine, where each cylinder is 71 ci...has nothing to do with the actual displacement of the blower unit.

An M112 is exactly what it says it is coming from Eaton-112ci, almost 2L.

the TVS 2300 isn't the same as an M90...it's a 2.3L blower hence the 2300 designation, which roughly translates to 140ci. You can keep putting a bigger blower on the engine, and keep pushing more air, but keep in mind the bigger the head unit the more power required to turn the rotors. And yes, the chemical intercooling is definitely a good idea if you can't find a way to run an aftercooler of some kind.
My bad. but still a 4-71 produces almost double that at 223 with 5.5" diameter rotors.

And by comparison, a traditional 4-71 will heat the air more than an M112, especially on a 225...it'll also take a pretty good bit of twist away from the engine just to spin it-and that will only go up with engine speed. Even for a dual purpose vehicle, I'm thinking the M112 or one of the TVS series blowers would probably be a better match.

If a modded M90 can push a 3.8 to 300 at the wheels, then I'd venture to say an M112 pirated off a Lightning or Cobra (they sell them all the time), and a fabbed aftercooler would probably rock that 225's world

And by comparison, a traditional 4-71 will heat the air more than an M112, especially on a 225...it'll also take a pretty good bit of twist away from the engine just to spin it-and that will only go up with engine speed. Even for a dual purpose vehicle, I'm thinking the M112 or one of the TVS series blowers would probably be a better match.

If a modded M90 can push a 3.8 to 300 at the wheels, then I'd venture to say an M112 pirated off a Lightning or Cobra (they sell them all the time), and a fabbed aftercooler would probably rock that 225's world
I didn't take that into consideration that the *-71 series blowers are giant heat pumps. The disadvantage of the M-series is where do you put the carb or is there some kind of adapter available to run on that style of blower?

That's right, I wasn't saying the tvs 2300 is the same size as an M90, just that there is a newer, more efficient design available from eaton.
And they are being factory fitted so they are becoming a viable alternative to the more readily available m112, m90.

Screw all that. A 471 kicks *** in the attention getting dept. lol Besides, an intercooler will make things just fine.

If I do one it's gonna be a Holley 500.

yea the M112 would be nice, cheap, and probably be enough BUT i cant do a draw thru and how in the hell would i mount an intercooler inline?

Screw all that. A 471 kicks *** in the attention getting dept. lol Besides, an intercooler will make things just fine.

there is always the 6/71!!

A question. Carb,or F.I.?

Carb

If I do one it's gonna be a Holley 500.

i know with a blower compressing the charge but would 500 be enough? i mean 750 i think on a built NA motor is about right, wouldn't need to be pretty close to that?

yea the M112 would be nice, cheap, and probably be enough BUT i cant do a draw thru and how in the hell would i mount an intercooler inline?

Like I said before, you'd have to fab something-just like with any roots type if you want to drop the heat soak. A slant gives you a couple square acres of space on the left side of the engine bay. Those blowers draw the air in from the rear, so if you can stitch together an inlet mated to a 4150 flange, it would draw through, then fab the discharge side into a plenum into your intake ports.

Early Buick T Types used a draw through turbo system-very odd, but it did work-even with a Rochester quadrajunk

Just gotta be creative...

The cheap way out would be to do a blow through with a centrifugal...but I know you wanna use a roots type.

That's right, I wasn't saying the tvs 2300 is the same size as an M90, just that there is a newer, more efficient design available from eaton.
And they are being factory fitted so they are becoming a viable alternative to the more readily available m112, m90.

Ah-my bad--guess I missed the way it was worded...

Like I said before, you'd have to fab something-just like with any roots type if you want to drop the heat soak. A slant gives you a couple square acres of space on the left side of the engine bay. Those blowers draw the air in from the rear, so if you can stitch together an inlet mated to a 4150 flange, it would draw through, then fab the discharge side into a plenum into your intake ports.

Early Buick T Types used a draw through turbo system-very odd, but it did work-even with a Rochester quadrajunk

Just gotta be creative...

The cheap way out would be to do a blow through with a centrifugal...but I know you wanna use a roots type.
t
but i thought you cant have fuel due to the coating on the rotors

I'm using a 2" S.U. on a draw through. Running AVGAS.
I know "everyone" says the coating will come off in a draw through but even if it does the difference will be minimal.

But... I would do a blow through setup in your situation, M112...aftercooler...holley. And water/meth pre blower and post carb based on temp measurements.

-
Back