1.5L/90ci Blower On A Slant

-
805, I haven't been following much of your posts, or your build, and I'm not trying to derail any plans you have, but have you considered using a centrifugal? An ATI P-1SC would push enough air to make and exceed your hp goal, the piping would be FAR easier, along with the intercooler plumbing, and running those on a blow-thru setup is very common.

Granted your torque wouldn't be anywhere near as impressive as with a roots type or twin screw-especially down low...

805, I haven't been following much of your posts, or your build, and I'm not trying to derail any plans you have, but have you considered using a centrifugal? An ATI P-1SC would push enough air to make and exceed your hp goal, the piping would be FAR easier, along with the intercooler plumbing, and running those on a blow-thru setup is very common.

Granted your torque wouldn't be anywhere near as impressive as with a roots type or twin screw-especially down low...

x2

164RWHP
474RWTQ
Holley 600 carb

Attachments

• AussieSpeed_Slant_six_supercharger.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 215
  • Valiant_Chrysler_slant_six_supercharger_blower_manifold_onside_m.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 217
Stock /6 with headers.
The blower is a 1.5L, which has the same displacement as an M90.
The HP can improve dramatically with a cam and head mods.
The tq is very impressive.
www.aussiespeed.com is where that build is from.
That's just a mild street driven application.

Stock /6 with headers.
The blower is a 1.5L, which has the same displacement as an M90.
The HP can improve dramatically with a cam and head mods.
The tq is very impressive.
www.aussiespeed.com is where that build is from.
That's just a mild street driven application.

yea that's the kit im looking at, but they don't pick up the phone, or return emails... I called a dealer here in the US and they could never get Aussie speed to supply one.

as far as the intercool goes I didn't want all the piping, intercooler, and the rest of the BS that comes with it, hence the roots style...

I am genuinely surprised at the numbers there, I'm still curious about the outlet temps even after the fuel goes through. Then again, meth injection would work pretty well I bet

Id be concerned with outlet temps if I were running the Bonneville Salt Flats at sustained boost for extended periods of time. 1/4 mile or street driven with boost levels up to 10PSI should be fine with no intercooler. I would suggest forged pistons, properly gapped rings, non projected tip spark plugs and O Ringed heads with receiver grooves cut into the block with a copper head gasket.
Water Meth injection will be a good idea for parts longevity and also power increase, due to the ability to add timing.

Id be concerned with outlet temps if I were running the Bonneville Salt Flats at sustained boost for extended periods of time. 1/4 mile or street driven with boost levels up to 10PSI should be fine with no intercooler. I would suggest forged pistons, properly gapped rings, non projected tip spark plugs and O Ringed heads with receiver grooves cut into the block with a copper head gasket.
Water Meth injection will be a good idea for parts longevity and also power increase, due to the ability to add timing.

well depending on what i takes to get the power level i would be willing to go to 25psi.

Isn't this nitti's car Mirada? If so yes its a beast I heard it twisted the input shaft off of a 904 in los Vegas a couple years ago.
Kid its good to see your final opening your eyes on forced induction ill tell you one thing I've had a dozen big blocks and my boosted slant on 7 psi could hang with a couple of them. First time out 1/8 mile 9.508 at 74.91 mph with a. 616 reaction time on 7psi.
Next time out I plan on turning the boost up and seeing what it will do also planning on going to a 1/4 mile track.
Aaron

Isn't this nitti's car Mirada? If so yes its a beast I heard it twisted the input shaft off of a 904 in los Vegas a couple years ago.
Kid its good to see your final opening your eyes on forced induction ill tell you one thing I've had a dozen big blocks and my boosted slant on 7 psi could hang with a couple of them. First time out 1/8 mile 9.508 at 74.91 mph with a. 616 reaction time on 7psi.
Next time out I plan on turning the boost up and seeing what it will do also planning on going to a 1/4 mile track.
Aaron

lol its not for me... its for a friend, im still NA all the way...

and you should be doing better than that 1/8 mile, im going faster than that! 9.166 with my really bad miss!

Well ive decided... its going to be a 4/71 or 6/71. i dont have the issues with outlet temps, rotor tip coatings, intercooler and piping, blow thru carb. power will be easily had and will have a great look!

now that being said does anyone have the island maps for the two?

Boy, some of yall can really overthink stuff. Just stick the blower on. It's gonna blow.

-
Back