1 7/8" SB-Headers with column shift?

-

360duster

Reaction score
Hey Guys, anybody installed a set of 1 7/8" headers in a column shifted car? TTI says it´s a no go....don´t know if other (Hedmans?) will fit?

Car is a 1968 Valiant, small block, stock K-Member, manual steering, manual brakes - i´d like to keep the stock interior and column shifter.

Thanks in advance!

Michael

good idea….there is a ididit kit for Chryslers.....but no idea how this will fit and work. For now i´d like to stay with the factory linkage.

ok, got a feedback from a member who tried to install these big headers with column shift parts....no chance. Have to make some decisions now how to proceed. Thanks @ all!

Michael

I had a 70 Duster with column shift a good while back.
I can tell you the TTI 1 5/8 to 1 3/4 step headers fit just fine. Never had the bigger tubes on that motor Fun shifting it off the column
That car ran 10.70’s at 3400. 416, mild eddies, flat tappet cam, 727. factory bench seat interior. Probably the coolest setup i have ever had. Sleeper
What motor do you have exactly?

408SB, 10:1, cnc´d procomp heads with 2.055" Intake and good Valve Job, EDE Victor with a Holley Sniper. Lunati Voodoo hydraulic roller, 243/251° on 110 LSA, around 600" Lift. Best ET 11.09 so far, wanna run tens of course. I´m getting a bigger camshaft, seems that the 1 5/8" summit headers are not ideal for my goal.

Found out that there are some hedmans 75140.....These could work, one pipe is routed outside the Frame each side, so more space in the critical area. Or some 1 3/4" Hooker 5204.....Project for next winter.

Michael

-
Back