-
Status
Not open for further replies.

64 SRT8 Dart

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Will probably never use these so thought I'd offer them here before CL or Ebay.
They are a J head, but have no J cast into them. They do share the same casting number, but what's weird is, they are missing the 1 in "3418915"
Both heads share the casting number "348915-A" Weird right? Not sure if these were one of the earliest sets or someone just had a bad day at the foundry,lol. See pics.
Anyways, they have the 1.88"/1.60" valves and have never been ported, gasket matched, etc. These heads have had bronze/brass guide liners installed previously. I'm sure they've been surfaced as well, not not sure how much.
Also, one head has one spark plug hole heli-coiled and in the same cylinder a hardened exhaust seat has been installed.

This set has also been baked and checked for cracks...checked out good of course. Have had them in plastic and indoors for around 2yrs or so. For some reason there has been some rust flashing on the exhaust side and rocker side of the heads.....just wipes off though.

Wouldn't be afraid to put these to use, I would have them CC'd before using, obviously. Oh, and again, these are bare.

Asking $150 + shipping.
Located in Colorado Springs, CO 80918

Attachments

• DSC_0219.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 414
  • DSC_0223.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 410
  • DSC_0217.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 413
  • DSC_0218.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 409
  • DSC_0220.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 426
  • DSC_0221.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 388
  • DSC_0222.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 414
Those have the air injector holes on the exhaust side, so that means they are late enough to have hardened exhaust seats from the factory. Maybe that one was worn and had to be replaced....but it's a nice clean job. Nice price and they look good.

That's because they have already been plugged, as seen in your pictures.

No, they have not been plugged!! That is how they're cast!! I know what my eyes see, the pics may not show them well, but they're cast like that.

Here's what they would look like if they WERE PLUGGED, like these 318 smog heads!!

Why in the h&!! would I lie about it??!!

Attachments

• IMG_1083.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_1084.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_1085.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 368
Okay, here is a better pic of what they look like. You can see that they're just indented and NOT plugged. They are cast like that.

Attachments

• CSC_0227.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 392
It's no big deal either way. They are good heads and you have a good price on them! Don't sweat it.

If these are still available I'm interested. It will depend on what it will cost to put them on a container to Australia.

If they haven't sold, let me know and i'll make some calls. Thanks.

I have a set of identical heads. Mine are also minus the "J" and the casting number digit. I too did a fair amount of looking into this and nobody seems to have a real answer that I could find.....One of those things I guess. well good luck with the sale and if anybody knows the story, share it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back