? 1 is a dart GT convertible side panel but what is the other?

-

66Dvert

Working on my custom car parts again!
Reaction score
I have another set of rear side panels that I was going to use and recover the carpet on for my dart GT convertible, UNTIL I looked at the bottom section of the panel. WTH? Is this a(black one) valiant side panel? there is a marked difference in the bottom cutout VS the Dart GT one(gold one)
20170409_130638.jpg
20170409_130655.jpg
20170409_130802.jpg
20170409_130805.jpg

Last edited:
The Dart has a longer wheel base & the extra length is all behind the front seats.
So I would expect that the black one is an early Valiant and it does look like my Valiant ones.

The Dart has a longer wheel base & the extra length is all behind the front seats.
So I would expect that the black one is an early Valiant and it does look like my Valiant ones.

Cool thanks!
I am making a carpet pattern for me to put new loop carpet and binding on my GT Dart one and am now wondering if the valiants had any carpet on the bottom edge like the darts did. I know certain Dart trim levels had it and just wondered if it crossed over to the valiant trim level = the GT models

that way I could have the carpet pattern,top trim pieces and arm rest pads made for both Darts and Valiants.

I've never seen carpet on those panels on a Valiant but I can only say that for '66

I've never seen carpet on those panels on a Valiant but I can only say that for '66
thanks for the info
I'll check around and see if other years had it, but if 66 didn't then most likely the earlier year valians didn't either. My 64,65 and 66 dart gt's did all have carpet on that panel so I think I'm good for those year darts.

-
Back