#1 Main Bearing oil hole offset, open up ?

-

C300

Reaction score
slightly chamfered. should I just stick the 1/4" reamer through it, or leave it. the edge of the bearing hole just comes up even looking strait down. oil passage is at approx. 45 degree angle. Thanks, C300

Attachments

• #1 c.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 212
#1 doesn't get a lot of stress like the others but I always open it to 5/16", it only feeds the first rod bearing and timing chain.

5/16" ? what do you do the others too ? bOb shingler ? did my block passages to 1/4" and 9/32" like what was recommended. actually they cleaned up by hand twisting the reamers. didn't see a recommendation for doing #1. Do you open up the Bearing holes ? thanks, C300

I've done them to 3/8" on a few motors if I can get the bit started. when it won't start for what ever reason I just go to 5/16" on all of them. the 1/4" hole for #1 is just fine. when using a drill bit it's a good idea to insert a long bit into the main gallery so the bit doesn't get stuck or break off. open up and camfer the bear hole also and make sure the back of the bearing doesn't have a raised ridge, if so file it down.

-
Back