$10,000 74 Dart

-
IMO that poor Valiant went from being worth something with the /6 to being worthless with 4.3 chubby engine and tranny.

Terry

I wouldnt be surprised to see that Duster go for $4000-5000. I have seen nice shells, no drivetrain, go for over $2500.

That one is at least real clean, has a big block in it, mini tubbed and Oh yeah, Its not a 74.

Since we're on the topic....I'm lining up my next project. About to finish my Swinger - 71 w/'68 x-headed 340, twin scoops, 8.75, etc, you know the drill, got about 14K invested since I do most all myself. I picked up a low mileage 440 and trans for 300.00 - don't know if I want to do another Dart or a Duster. Found a complete Duster 318 w/8.75 that's got my attn, maybe 2000.00, straight car, I've got a '73 front end for it as well. BB Duster done right bring more at resale than a 68-69 Dart (of course this would be 2-3 years from now!)?

What king of sickened mind would power a mopar with a v-6 chev???
Makes me want to vomit....

What king of sickened mind would power a mopar with a v-6 chev???
Makes me want to vomit....

There's some guy that goes to the MoPar nats in Woodburn, Oregon every year racing a Little yellow Dodge D-50 or Dakota or something. He's got a Vortec 4.3 that is supercharged in it and I think it runs in the mid 11's. It's fast for a little truck but I think it's total BS that they let him race it at an all MoPar show because its got a Mopar body. It's obvious he just comes out to piss off all the MoPar people with it. I think it even says something to the effect of "powered by Chevrolet" on it. Sickening.:angry7:

I purchased my 74 Swinger three years ago with 26K miles on it. I don't know if it is as perfect as the one on ebay but you can't put a car together like it was from the factory...period. I payed 5K for mine and would pay the 10K if I were to do my project again. They are beautiful untouched. I chose to go big block and didn't have to mess with exterior or interior, incredible time saver. The stuff I see for sale now for 5K will take a LOT of work inside and out.
They are all getting more scarce and sought after...yes, even the ugly 74 and up.

Russ:)

-
Back