10" rims on 74 Duster?

-

Dusto

Reaction score
i was wondering if 10" wide rims would fit under my 74 duster? with out doing any tubing? does any one know?

hmmm I have 15x8 with room its possible depening on tire and backspacing I think

My advice, take measurements using your existing wheel tire combo. Measure your current wheel backspacing, width, and tire section width. Once you have these mearsurement you can calculate what different combinations will look like using the dimension given on the tire manufacturers web site. You can make a 10 inch wheel fit, but you may not like the look (car jacked up and wheels sticking outside the body).

The first attached picture is of my Demon when I first bought it. It has 10" wide wheels with 4.75" back spacing and 255/60R-15 tires, a B-body 8.75 rear (pushes wheels out about 1.5 inch per side). But, I don't like the way it looks so I'm going with 8" inch wheels. Also, with the stock A-body spring location you will want to move the springs in with the Mopar offset kit (moves the springs in about 1 inch) so you can keep the wheel "tucked in".

The second pic is of my old 73 Dart 340 Sport with 8 inch wheel and 255/60R-15 tires with a 4.00 inch backspacing, and stock rear spring location. I like this look much better and will do something similar with my Demon. But my situation is a little different than yours because my Demon has the B-body rear and the springs moved in 1 inch per side, so I've got a lot of room and use at least a 5 inch backspace to tuck the wheels inside the wheel wells.

Demon_Orig pic023.jpg

Driveway pic.jpg

I have test fitted a Weld 15x10 wheel with 275 60 15 tires on my 74. It fit in the wheel well but was tight.
I ended up going with 8" 255 60 15's like Demon 408.

yea i have a b body 8 3/4 so i guess ill stick with the 8" wide may see if i can pick up a set of 10" just to see how they look, i didnt know that the b body 8 3/4 is 3 inches wider....so i can buy a kit witch moves the spring in that may help but thanks so you dont have a b body rear under the Dart?

i have 9" bullitts in the back of my dueter with a 10mm spacer. with a b-body rear you could do it.

yea i have a b body 8 3/4 so i guess ill stick with the 8" wide may see if i can pick up a set of 10" just to see how they look, i didnt know that the b body 8 3/4 is 3 inches wider....so i can buy a kit witch moves the spring in that may help but thanks so you dont have a b body rear under the Dart?

No the Dart has an A-Body width rear. If you move the springs in with the offset kit you will need to have your spring perches moved. The cost of the kit ($190) plus moving the perches ($100) may be more than you want to spend.

Hi guys ! I am fully interest in change my wheels, I'm actually using 235/60 R 14 front and rear, I would like to try 235/40 R18 at the front and 275/40 R18 in chrome Mustang Bullit - Bullet Wheels 18x9 front and 18x10.5 set, but, I'm not very sure about my backspacing and I don't have my car now because I'm far from home and is not possible for me to take measures by my self. Could you please help me on this ???
http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Mustang-W...-p5939497.html
This is the link of the wheels I like but in 17" same bolt pattern, I think rears are going to look wider to outside (please correct me if I'm wrong) and it's great for me because the distance between rims is smaller rear than front and with this rims they are going to look the same size. (I hope you know what I mean) what I dont know is if they are going to fit (Backspacing) on my Dart Sport 74 ? and if I have to ask for a different spec. How I have to do it ?
Thanks for any help in advance ! I will wait for your answer !
PD: Sorry about any mistake, I,m new on this !

I just bought a 73 Duster and on the back were a pair of 14x 9" rallyes that had been professionally widened. They still had the standard 4.5" backspacing so all of the widening was done to the front, and they fit inside the wheelwell with no problems. I didn't like the look so i took them off. I'm not sure about 10" but the 9's fit without a problem. Good luck with your project, Geof

From what car model did you take your b body 8 3/4 ? and what else can fit me ? As far i know sizes are going to depend of the building year ! Thanks in advance !

From what car model did you take your b body 8 3/4 ? and what else can fit me ? As far i know sizes are going to depend of the building year ! Thanks in advance !

The pre-71 B-body rear ends are narrower than the 71 and later ones. Any pre-71 rear would fit. If you'd like to buy one and are close to Michigan, I have one from a 69 Charger I will sell you for $75.00. It includes the housing, 3:23 center section and the drums. The backing plates and the brake hardware are missing. Let me know if you'd like any more details, Geof

The pre-71 B-body rear ends are narrower than the 71 and later ones. Any pre-71 rear would fit. If you'd like to buy one and are close to Michigan, I have one from a 69 Charger I will sell you for $75.00. It includes the housing, 3:23 center section and the drums. The backing plates and the brake hardware are missing. Let me know if you'd like any more details, Geof
je je je thanks man, but i'm from venezuela and that could be imposible.

I found a 75 dodge Coronet complete differential what do you think ? Thanks !

I found a 75 Dodge Coronet complete differential ! what do you think ? Could it fit and look nice ?

sorry for the delay but i got 8"s on it they fit just inside the wheel well but i have about 3 inches to play with from the tire to the leaf springs.. so i may try a bigger backspacing, i belive i have a 4.5" back space on the B body rear end... i am unsure of exactly what and what year of car it had come out of

-
Back