10" rubber under stock 71 Duster???

Tires and Wheels (Mopar Hubcaps Too)

1. kanders

kanders Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:27 AM
    I've been reading threads about tire size and fittments under particular A bodies hoping to get the answer to this question but am still not sure of the answer, as well as about spring offset kits etc. I know that 29 x 9 x 15 fits but is that the max with out spring relocation. I was hoping to find street legal slicks in those dimensions but no luck. As soon as you get that tall they are 10" or 10.5" wide. With my 4:30 gear a 235 60 15 at only 26" dia is too small. Will a 10" tire fit? I bought 15 x 8 weld prostars with 5 1/2 backspace for the rear, 5" wide for the front.
    When I bolt the bare wheel on it seems a 10" would rub on the spring. I've seen somewhere in my search about spring relocates that only move in about 3/4" with offset shackles at the back the but I can't see how the front would move since the spring is against the frame. Any info appreciated. Kev

2. davescuda

davescuda FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    12:27 PM
    here's a picture of my duster with 275/ 60 / 15 also had 28 x 10 x 15 slicks on it. all in stock location of springs. it's all in the rims backing space.

3. davescuda

davescuda FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    12:27 PM
    pic

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.