1000+ HP Builds

-

racerdude5

Reaction score
Small block combos, builds, dyno data, pictures, info, tips, tricks, power adders; anything goes

Only cars and engines with a proven or suspected HP of 1000+

Post what you got, if you know of one, tell us about it. If you have one, tell us about it.

Any posts are greatly appreciated. Pleas help me make this a useful and interesting thread.

Thanks!

really to be honest, the best aftermarket support would be for gen 3 hemis

they are considered "small blocks" by some. the 5.7 is 345 c.i., the 6.4 is 392 c.i.
the 6.1 is 370 c.i. (6.059 L; 369.7 cu in) the new hellcat motor is a 6.2, (6,166 cc 376.3 cu in)

there are multiple manufacturers of superchargers for them. whipple, arrington, mopar, etc. intakes and accessories abound.

there is no aftermarket block for small block mopars, perhaps mopar is making some. gen 3 you can buy an aluminum race block.

however with the gen 3's competing in drag, trans am, etc there will be even more support.

that being said, you can build a sb mopar to 1000 with an old style blower but again, the newer superchargers are superior. they generate less heat

not to mention the plethora of stroker kits available for the gen 3's

the gen 3's are not large displacement heavy weight big blocks. they are light weight, the displacements start out closer to the mopar small blocks.

bottom line is yes it's possible to do this with an old school small block mopar, but you will spend way more money and have a less survivable build.

As far as twin screw superchargers go, there's a whipple supercharger that uses a roots style bolt pattern. And roots style intakes are available for small blocks. Also, many many people have turbocharged their small blocks. I think it is very possible to make a survivable small block with 1000 HP or over. I'm not looking to build one though, I'm looking just to see what's out there and what people have done.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAnK-uXl9Fk"]World's First Blown 440 Small Block Mopar on E-85 and built by Muscle Motors (MI) - YouTube[/ame]

This puppy is making some serious power! Thanks for the post moparlover!:burnout:

here's a stroked, supercharged gen 3 you can see the horsepower at the wheels toward the end (listen close around 45 seconds lol)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_i-E53vpGg"]Arrington Performance 426 HEMI Powered, Whipple 4.0L Supercharged 2009 Challenger R/T - YouTube[/ame]

assuming 20% loss that is about 1000 at the crank

The early Hemi is also considered a small block. They routinely saw and still see 5K plus HP in vintage top fuel. The blocks are nearly identical in size to the LA engine.

Small block combos, builds, dyno data, pictures, info, tips, tricks, power adders; anything goes

Only cars and engines with a proven or suspected HP of 1000+

Post what you got, if you know of one, tell us about it. If you have one, tell us about it.

Any posts are greatly appreciated. Pleas help me make this a useful and interesting thread.

Thanks!

Racerdude watch this heres the link,This makes some serious HP 472 HEMI WITH SOME HAIR DRYERS!!! [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpDSvdLRODo&feature=share"]NEW 2500 HP CAD Billet Block 572 NRE HEMI. Mirror Image Turbos. Nelson Racing. NRE TV Episode 173 - YouTube[/ame]

The early Hemi is also considered a small block. They routinely saw and still see 5K plus HP in vintage top fuel. The blocks are nearly identical in size to the LA engine.

Early Hemis does not make 5000Hp in topfuel and there is no way in hell they would survive at that level despite them being a thicker casting than the later Light A motor.

-
Back