11-12-11

-

69DARTS

69 Darts Rule
Reaction score
duster goes in for paint
and the stripes will be put on and wet sanding and buffing
hell yes cant wait

How many coats of clear? Make sure they put some extra on if you are having the entire car wet sanded. This will leave you some wiggle room in the future.

We rarely wet sand anything (just a dust nib here and there if needed) but we are matching OEM finishes.

The clear is your UV protection. If it gets thin your paint will fail.

And I agree with HemiMark, don't paint the stripes. Use automotive vinyl.

Just wondering why not to paint the stripes on ? I know it's not correct...hmmm

Well, and this is just my opinion.

1. The contrast in gloss levels between automotive vinyl and the gloss of the paint gives a better look.

2. With automotive vinyl you have options in the future of removing or even changing the stripe color.

3. Less to deal with if a repair needs to be made in the stripe area.

paint the stripes on it will last longer and you dont risk any oops moments buffing/sanding my @ss stripe is painted on and I am really happy with it

Mine goes in the same time. Viper white, with flat black factory staipes, and black top. It should look just like 72 Duster photos posted in an other thread. Good luck with your paint job. Some one has got to show me how to post photos. I guess I'm just an old dummy!
Al

i got a kit frome challenger gary here no clear over the top of the strip
going for a very stock look

:thumblef: Painting the stripe on, in my opinion is just bush. You can never change the way your car looks if you paint it on... and one more thing. I would never buy a car with a painted on stripe no matter how it looks... that's just me...

:thumblef: Painting the stripe on, in my opinion is just bush. You can never change the way your car looks if you paint it on... and one more thing. I would never buy a car with a painted on stripe no matter how it looks... that's just me...

I agree 100%

-
Back