11" drum brakes

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe 11 inch brakes were available only with LBP. Is that what you have?

There is also an axle length problem with the earlier pattern. I don't know the specifics, but I'm pretty sure you can't use the 11" rear drums even if you've had the stock SBP axles re-drilled with a LBP. I believe the 11" drum backing plates have a different offset, so you actually need later axles. Maybe someone can chime in and fill in the details.

PM sent.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

There is also an axle length problem with the earlier pattern. I don't know the specifics, but I'm pretty sure you can't use the 11" rear drums even if you've had the stock SBP axles re-drilled with a LBP. I believe the 11" drum backing plates have a different offset, so you actually need later axles. Maybe someone can chime in and fill in the details.

The problem with drums/backing plates is not with the 11 inch specifically, it is with redrilled SBP axles. A body axles had a different offset so you cannot use ANY B/E backing plates or drums with redrilled A body axles. If you run redrilled A body axles you HAVE to run redrilled A body drums and A body backing plates as well.

If you use cut down B/C/E body axles or aftermarket axles you can use any B/C/E body drum and backing plate combo including the 11 inch.

hope this helps!

Greg Purcell

The problem with drums/backing plates is not with the 11 inch specifically, it is with redrilled SBP axles. A body axles had a different offset so you cannot use ANY B/E backing plates or drums with redrilled A body axles. If you run redrilled A body axles you HAVE to run redrilled A body drums and A body backing plates as well.

If you use cut down B/C/E body axles or aftermarket axles you can use any B/C/E body drum and backing plate combo including the 11 inch.

hope this helps!

Greg Purcell

Awesome! I knew somebody here would know the exact details. I just remembered that the 11" drums wouldn't fit without new axles. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back