11 inch B body drum front brakes ?

-

Andy Willy

Reaction score
So thought car was sbp because of the drums on front, but when I took the back wheel off I noticed the drum had been drilled out. mid then I took the front off and it’s also bbp. And the number on the drum was L35924, and according to the googles it’s b body 11 inch drum. So I should have big ball joint control arms ? Trying to figure out what to order to redo the front end and if just keeps getting interesting haha

F02ED887-BABF-40B6-963A-68A2B647E0E7.jpeg

2144743B-37A8-48CD-80E4-CBFB536A8D50.jpeg

I think the lower ball joints are the same size, either you have the big joint uppers or someone has done some machine work in the past.

I think the lower ball joints are the same size, either you have the big joint uppers or someone has done some machine work in the past.

You could use tapered ball joint adaptors for the large ball joint B-body spindles. It would be no different than using the 73+ disk brake spindles with small upper ball joint UCA's and adaptors like guys do. Except you'd still have 5x4.5" pattern drums instead of disks. Easy enough to check for these. If they're not there, someone used later large ball joint UCA's. Either way you'd have a shorter path to a BBP disk conversion. Just need the spindles and brakes.
a-body-upper-ball-joint-tapered-adapters.jpg

Mopar A-Body Upper Ball Joint Tapered Adapter

-
Back