11" rear drums

-

Still Looking !!

Reaction score
Buying a complete rearend with 11"x2" rear shoes ?? Also seller claims the rear drums are 11" the auto parts stores (all the corporate ones) and they say the 72 Demon only comes with a 9" or a 10" is there anyway the rear end came from another year or model car. It has lbp "5x4.5, which is why I am buying this rearend.
Any clues as why the parts books are showing only the 9 and 10 inch drums??

Probably from a c body. I just sold the same backing plates and they were from a 70's c body. There is a sticky in the tech section on the rear end measurements.

My 72 Fury has the larger shoes, the books say station wagon only but my car has the trailer towing package

I don't think a bodies came with 11 inch .. I swapped my drums from an 85?? Diplomat backing plates and all so maybe previous owner swapped or it's a c body rear

Buying a complete rearend with 11"x2" rear shoes ?? Also seller claims the rear drums are 11" the auto parts stores (all the corporate ones) and they say the 72 Demon only comes with a 9" or a 10" is there anyway the rear end came from another year or model car. It has lbp "5x4.5, which is why I am buying this rearend.

Like mentioned above, the A-bodies never came with 11" drums.

What is the rearend out of?

The 72 A-body had only a small bolt pattern rear end from the factory so if they are using that application everything they tell you won't be correct. 11" was never used from the factory on any 7.25", 8.25" or 8.75" A-body rear end.

-
Back