11" to 12" rotor swap

-
Please school me on puttin the big disc brakes on a 67 barracuda with drums now. I don’t want to spend 1000 plus on the upgrade if I don’t gotta. Thanks

School you how? What do you need to know?

You can run the 11.75" B/R body rotors on any 73+ disk spindle. So really the 11.75" swap isn't any different than a 73+ 10.95" disk swap, the only difference is the caliper brackets and the rotors themselves. So, if you still have sbp brakes with the small ball joint UCA's you'd need-

Large ball joint UCA's (or the tapered adaptors available from DoctorDiff to use the small ball joint arms)
73+ spindles
11.75" caliper brakets
11.75 rotors
73+ calipers, preferably the 2.75" piston bore (everything but 73-75 A-body calipers)
Brake hoses, you can just use the stuff from an Aspen,
73+ wheel bearings and seals for the 11.75 rotors
Disk brake lower ball joints
Distribution block (if you're going from 4 wheel drum to disk/drum)

You can use FMJBR spindles if you can find them, but their "used" availability has fallen off a cliff at the local yards. Same for the 11.75" caliper brackets.

You can buy the everything you need from DoctorDiff, depending on what you already have you can buy the 11.75" kit for anywhere from $480 (if you have the spindles, ball joints and distribution block sorted already) to $805 including the spindles, ball joint adaptors, lower ball joints, brackets, bearings, hoses, calipers- the works basically.

Mopar 11.75" Front Disc Brake Kit (Stage 2)

School you how? What do you need to know?

You can run the 11.75" B/R body rotors on any 73+ disk spindle. So really the 11.75" swap isn't any different than a 73+ 10.95" disk swap, the only difference is the caliper brackets and the rotors themselves. So, if you still have sbp brakes with the small ball joint UCA's you'd need-

Large ball joint UCA's (or the tapered adaptors available from DoctorDiff to use the small ball joint arms)
73+ spindles
11.75" caliper brakets
11.75 rotors
73+ calipers, preferably the 2.75" piston bore (everything but 73-75 A-body calipers)
Brake hoses, you can just use the stuff from an Aspen,
73+ wheel bearings and seals for the 11.75 rotors
Disk brake lower ball joints
Distribution block (if you're going from 4 wheel drum to disk/drum)

You can use FMJBR spindles if you can find them, but their "used" availability has fallen off a cliff at the local yards. Same for the 11.75" caliper brackets.

You can buy the everything you need from DoctorDiff, depending on what you already have you can buy the 11.75" kit for anywhere from $480 (if you have the spindles, ball joints and distribution block sorted already) to $805 including the spindles, ball joint adaptors, lower ball joints, brackets, bearings, hoses, calipers- the works basically.

Mopar 11.75" Front Disc Brake Kit (Stage 2)
Those aren't bad prices for what it is.

1000 plus is for me. Not too many molars around to pick over. Guess I’ll keep my old drums or go to Chevy. Thanks

I may be. How much are they and do you know what else I need? Thanks

-
Back