11 x 2.5 in brake pin and cable measurements?

-

ValiantOne

Reaction score
Is there anyone out there with a 11 x2.5 set of rear brakes that can measure the hold down pin length and the adjuster cable length for me? I know it is a pita, but I sure would appreciate it.

I am having a heck of a time trying to piece together a set of brakes! NAPA only has the 2 or 3 in. hardware up here. The 2 in pins are too short and the 3 in. pins barely have any hold down pressure. The adjuster cables I got with the rear seem about an inch too short. I think the came from a 10 in. set up.

Going nuts here.....

Thanks

CE

"Pins" are 2 1/4 inches in length.
Adjuster cables are 12 3/4 inches in length, end to end.

Attachments

• Cable & pins 001 (Small).jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 113
Yup, that's what I got.

Hardware kit should be Bendix H7133, that has the hold downs and all the springs, the self adjuster repair kit is Bendix H2534 and H2535 for left and right, it has the cable, star wheel, pin, spring and guide plate. The cable by itself is Bendix H2114. Pins list as H1108, but they also show the pins being the same length for both 11x2.5" and 10x2.5" brakes.

"Pins" are 2 1/4 inches in length.
Adjuster cables are 12 3/4 inches in length, end to end.

Cool, the pins I have are 2" (too short) and 2.5" (too long) so 2.25 should be perfect.

The cables I looked up on rock auto don't have the springs at the ends. Just hooks.

https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1992358&cc=1094970&jnid=645&jpid=0

The repair kits that 72blu listed look like what hemi71x posted and do have the spring ends of the cables. any way to tell what is correct or does it even matter? Maybe either system would work? What was the reason for the different systems?

If I can get that part figured out I'm going to order this stuff from rock auto tonight?

Thanks much guys!

CE

Ok, so I did a search on 1968 model brakes (which had the hook end cable) and 1973 model brakes (which had the spring end type) so I am guessing it was a change as the cars got newer.

The spring kit part # didn't change for either year so I went ahead and ordered it along with the later model (spring end) adjuster repair kits.

Thanks a TON guys.

CE

PS. That neither NAPA or Carquest could figure this out............. :wack:

Thanks again for your help guys. I'm amazed that NAPA and car quest both couldn't find me hardware and adjuster kits for the 2.5 brakes. I had no trouble looking them up on rock auto then cross referencing them with 72blu's numbers, and ordering them up. The installation went well and the Valiant now wears 11 inch shoes. Yay!

-
Back