12" Brake Parts

-

bwhitejr

Reaction score
The 8 3/4" rearend I bought has 2 1/2" brake shoes and 12" drums, but most of the brake parts are missing. Where can I get replacement parts? Like spreader bars, emergency brake adjusting mechanisms and such. NAPA, Oreilly?

bwhitejr

bwhitejr said:
The 8 3/4" rearend I bought has 2 1/2" brake shoes and 12" drums, but most of the brake parts are missing. Where can I get replacement parts? Like spreader bars, emergency brake adjusting mechanisms and such. NAPA, Oreilly?

bwhitejr

I'm guessing you have 11" x 2-1/2" brakes and not 12". I'm not sure they made a 12" brake.

Local stores should have wheel cylinders and brake shoes. They may
have everything you need. If not Year One has
spring kits (BG536) and self adjusting kits (BG554 LH) & (BG555 RH)

You will need to find spreader bars and the parking brake levers at the boneyard, but everything else you will need is available from rockauto.com. They have a listing for the levers, but either the picture is wrong or the part is wrong. Hope this helps.

im with tony. i don't believe they came with 12" brakes. i had a whole steup of 11" brakes for an 8 3/4 i sold to my buddy and i got most of the missing stuff at the junkyard. you should be able to get the self adjuster kits, hardware kits, shoes, and wheel cylinders locally. its all here http://www.raybestos.com/catalog/consumer/icat.cgi

take the part #'s in and order.

-
Back