122 tooth billet flywheel

-

396 Signet

Reaction score
Finally got my billet steel flywheel from Wilcap. It's super nice, has bolt patterns for 9-1/2" Borg & Beck and also 10" Ford diaphragm. Was $325, not too bad for such a nice piece. They can also set these up for slant 6, they have a different flywheel attachment bolt pattern than V8. Pictured is the setup I'm going to use: rebuilt McLeod pressure plate, 9-1/4" McLeod Rev-lok iron disc. Also using ARP pp & flywheel bolts (#250-2201 & 240-2801). This setup has some nice advantages: low rotating mass, high torque capabilty, & can use stock bell & linkage that works with Dougs headers.

wilcap_flywheel_disc_pp.jpg

hi. what base pressure is the clutch? a iron faced disc will be very brutal when it engages. especially if you have a lot of clutch pressure. is this going in a v8 dart? i use the soft loc clutch, and when the disc gets hot, they are very grabby, and hard hitting. almost to the point of not being able to drive it. just food for thought.

This setup is really only for early A only with the smaller iron bellhousing. Spring pressure is deliberately very light due to the higher friction of this disc. The soft loc is more of a racing type disc than this & doesn't have the marcel carrier. Other (brand-x) folks that have used similar setups gave positive feedback. Hopefully it will work out but won't know for sure until next year as my car's in pieces right now & the weather's no good anyway.

-
Back