13” stock steelies…how big can I go?

-

Hemihead2

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Thinking I have 13” x 4.5” factory steel wheels on a 69 Dart. Wanting to maintain originality but hoping to get a taller tire to fit. Any recommendations are welcome. It’s a bone stock 318 car. Thanks

Look up tengtoolsusa.com They have a vintage tire size chart.
They show up to a 205/70/13 Now finding some may be tough.
Possible Tire Rack ?

Yes- they are 13”- unfortunately. The car is a pure survivor and still has the original stainless hubcaps too. It just sits so dang low with the bias-plys on it now.

Hi- 185/80/13 snow tires on the back right now with full hubcaps. The ones on the front are shorter bias plys

IMG_4804.jpeg

185/80-13 tire is what I came up with. Didn't look like a lot of choices in car tires for that size. Lots of trailer tires in that size. :)

Unless you are doing a full concourse restoration on this car, bump up (at least) to a 14" wheel. My .02
Or 15's. Or a combination of each.

002.JPG

I hear ya- but like I said it’s a survivor- hard to change it now since it’s lasted so long. But you are right- nearly all trailer tires in that size.

Ok friend- thanks for the encouragement.

Coker Tire has Michelin 205/70/R13 for a Low price of $473 each.:BangHead:

Wow- guess I’ll squirrel away the 13’s and grab a set of 14” SBP rallyes…

Found a set of 225/70/14 tires on Small bolt rallye’s…would they fit without rubbing? Pretty tall tire.

My 67 Dart with 225/70/15 rear and 215/70/15 front.
No issues. Maybe just maybe the front may catch the very frontal edge of the fender.
That can be adjusted with the fender strut in or out.

IMG_0179.jpg

I have 185 70 13s on my 64 Valiant. They are the correct stock height but somewhat wider.

-
Back