13 inch - 14 inch - SBP Question

-

67CudaBob

Reaction score
Mopar newbie here asking what I think sounds like a dumb question, but I need to make sure.

I am buying (and awaiting delivery on) the light blue Dart GT 'vert in my avatar pic and it has 13" wheels with manual drums all around. The goal in time will be to change it over to LBP with disks, but until I can afford to do everything that is going to take, is there any reason that I can't pull those 13" rims off and replace them with some used 14" SBP Rally wheels until I can afford to do the full LBP upgrade?

Thank you

No reason at all. I have a set without centers and trim rings on one of my 66 Barracudas. Will sell for $100. PM an E-mail for pics.

Just a thought... If you are willing to run adapters you can mount LBP wheels now The OEM left hand lugs would be at the adapter. Wheels would have right hand lugs all around.

Just a thought... If you are willing to run adapters you can mount LBP wheels now The OEM left hand lugs would be at the adapter. Wheels would have right hand lugs all around.

Redfish - I have not seen adapters like that - do you know where you can get them, and I am curious what the drawbacks are of using them.

Again, long term, I am going disk and new rear end and axles, but for now, I would rather buy one set of rims and call it good with the adapters.

4 to 4.5 adapter are out there. The wheel studs in them are 1/2-20 rh.
Buy good quality adapters and mount them properly.
If they are kept in good condition you can easily get 75% of your money back at resale.

-
Back