Status
Not open for further replies.

VALIANTresearch

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Okay - 2 different ads, I guess.
I will keep the other one where peopl already are responding, but now that i now they weren't all 14" (what I would rather have)...I'll post a second ad for 14" ones see which gets more response.

I might end up having to go with 13" set - ups!

Why is there a set of 14" "S" ones for sale that were "from a Valiant"...with 1964-65 Cuda 14" caps?

What all did they use that design of wjeek cover for? i sure have never seen a Valiant that came with the Cuda wheel covers! (?).

=======
Called Layson's...they told nme 1964-65 Cudas with BIG brake drums had 14" wheels.
SO why are the 14" wheels so hard to find,
and
how come people with original big drum cars mostly have 13" wheels?

ANYONE have any?

A set of 14"s have to have been pulled off of someone's car, to put custom wheels on, sometime! Where are they all, guys?

The only complete set of wheelcovers/special lugs I have even seen discussed / for sale were basically trashed. Edges were all beat up, the lugs were covered with rust pits, and the guy wanted a lot.

You'd have to have some kind of metal-working artist take a ton of $ from you for labor, just to make them nice driver quality.

While I am asking, I'd also buy the WHEELS if someone has them.

===========================
Are these things THAT rare? I don't expect a complete setup for $100.- $200. I know they arer worth some $.

But I want GOOD stuff. Have tons of offers for near-mint 13" wheels and wheel covers, but no 14"s yet. THANKS!

Thanks _ I know about them.

:thumbdow:Odd - They are the same people that put $100. each prices on almost anything.
Even $10. 1962 Falcon hubcap...anything.

I have called them before more than once...They don't seem to have anything I call about but they leave their pictures on all the time. Good for reference, though!
==================
:?*Anyway - The guy (dartman) who had a set advertised on here months ago when I started looking, AND a set of covers/lugs on ebay in horrible shape...are the only "sets" I have seen.

*Don't want to fix a lot on the edges if can be avoided...but will bug the member here to see if he still has his as a backup. Doubt it!
======
Anyone have any? OR the wheels? THANKS. Will ship.

I got my factory wire wheel covers from them. They were perfect.

Just like any hard to find item, that you want in near NOS condition...... You need to keep your options open and expect a big price tag.

My wheel covers were $400 and I was very happy to pay that for what I got.

DSC00061.jpg

Well, how about these 2 sets?? The first set pictured is near mint, with the exception of one that has a small amount of peeling argent. Not a single bit of curb rash on them anywhere. The second set is a little more roadworn. Again, no curb rash, but one of them has a couple dings from the back side out where, can't figure out how it got there but it is dented from the back. Maybe from prying them off?? The paint on these is more worn as is evidenced by the picture, but if you're looking to save some $$$ the second set is very restoreable. I don't have any of the lugnuts, hence my thread on having my neighbor make some stainless steel ones for me and also to sell, but I'm just getting started on that project so I don't have any yet. Both sets are 14" and both are from 66 cars with the "mayflower" logo on the center cap. If you're interested in either set, message me and we'll work out a deal on them. The near mint ones won't be cheap, but we can work on that if you're interested. Both sets will be going to the Nats, but I hate to compete with my man Don!!! He's a good man to deal with!!! Geof

Oh yea, I also have a set of the 14x5.5" rims AND a near mint set of original D70-14" Firestone Wide "O" Oval tires to complete your look. The tires look to have been removed when new to make way for some mags, as they still have the "nubs" on them. Again, these won't be cheap, but I'd be willing to make a complete set of rims, tires and caps for the right price!!!

Attachments

• 100_3303.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 223
  • 100_3304.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 217
  • 100_3305.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 211
  • 100_3306.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 218
Why is there a set of 14" "S" ones for sale that were "from a Valiant"...with 1964-65 Cuda 14" caps?

What all did they use that design of wjeek cover for? i sure have never seen a Valiant that came with the Cuda wheel covers! (?).

Sounds like the ad I posted quite awhile ago. Here's the explanation: When I bought the Valiant it had 13 inch wheels with hubcaps (but not the "mag-style" ones). The 13 inch tire wheels had to go, so I went thru my wheels and found 5 14 inch SBP wheels. I really liked the "mag-style" hubcaps so decided to go that way. As you've found out Formula S 14 inch hubcaps seem to be nearly impossible to find in any condition - took me nearly 3 years to find what I did. That's why 14 inch wheels and "S" hubcaps ended up on a 65 Valiant - just cause I liked them!

=======
Called Layson's...they told nme 1964-65 Cudas with BIG brake drums had 14" wheels.
SO why are the 14" wheels so hard to find,
and
how come people with original big drum cars mostly have 13" wheels?

Actually the only ones that came stock with 14 inch wheels were the Formula S cars. Even 273 2 barrel cars came with the 13 inchers. I don't know for sure if the 14 inch wheels were even optional; all my 65 Dart literature says only 13 inches tires was the only tire available - even with the 273.

As was typical with Chrysler at the time everything was available as an option (that's how they made profit).

What we call "Formula S" 14" wheel covers were an option and there was even a 13" version for both Barracudas and Valiants.

In '66 the 14" wheels were an option for both Barracudas and Valiants, 13" was stardard equipment except on the Formula S which of course had 14" wheels that were 5.5" wide. The 14" wheels were fitted when optional disc brakes were ordered. The 14" wheels were offered in both 4.5" and 5.5" width (Formula S cars coming with 5.5")

The option lists can be seen here -> http://www.earlyabodyforum.com/board/messages/394/1012.html?1137472055

I have a couple sets of 13 inch and 14 inch steelies. PM me
Thanks

I have a set of four 13" wheel covers from my Dart GT. Nice shape. $50.00 + shipping from Reno, 89521.

Also have one pair of 14 x 5.5" small bolt steel wheels. Nice shape. $ 60.00 + shipping from Reno 89521.

Attachments

• DCP_4737.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 169
  • DCP_4901.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 171
  • DCP_4903.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 181
I owe some folks some PMS and phone cals, and I am goping in order..>THANKS sop much fopr the offers so far.

I'll acknowledge all of those who have posted here, or PMd....

re: the 2 sellers who actually have some 14" wheels AND covers right now, together...I have been lagging on calling, but just so I know the time elemet for you taking them to a show to sell...

...[-o<when ARE the Nationals (sorry...Chevy guy here!).

I will have one really nice 14" 1966 Barrcauda cap with no curb rash real soon, I will let you know when it arrives and you have dibs

I'll be bringing the 5 14 inch ones I had listed and the special lug nuts to the Nationals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back