14 inch tire help wanted....

-

Button

74 Dart Swinger
Reaction score
I found these 23 year old Cragar S/S rims in a friends barn and he gave them to me to free up space. I washed them up and polished them and you can see the before and after pics. I plan to use them on my 1972 D100 1/2 ton pickup. A problem I am finding is that not many tire companies make 14inch tires in a wide variety of sizes. The rims are 14X6 and 14X8, and I want tires wide enough and tall enough to fill the rear wheel wells of the truck. I have found L60-14 Mickey Thompson Indy Profiles for the rear with F70-14's for the front. I would rather have radials but cant seem to find them. Can anyone help?

000_1444.jpg

000_1443.jpg

000_1461.jpg

Your choices are slim with a 14" rim, ESPECIALLY ones that will fit that big Dodge. The widest tire available in a radial is a P245/60R14, that will not look good on that truck. Did you see if the rims will fit on the front over those disc brakes? IMO, you would be better off selling them and buying a set of 15" rims. Cragar's would look sweet on that truck but these rims are more suited for a car.

Have to agree about those not filling up the wheel wells.

Really nice job you did though on the wheel clean-up Button. Those Cragars look great! :cheers:

-
Back