14x7 Magnum 500's on a 68 Dart

-

383SE

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has had any problems fitting a 14x7 Magnum 500 on the rear of a 68 Dart. They are from Specialty Wheel and I think they have a 4 1/8" backspace. I haven't put my 8 3/4 in the car yet so I don't have any measurements yet.Thanks

Are those available in small bolt pattern, or are you switching to large bolt when you do the 8-3/4 swap ?

To try an answer your question. I'm currently running 15x7 rallys with 4.5" backspace with a 225/60/15 tire, and I have a little over in inch clearance between the tire and the outer fender. Just about 1/2" between the tire and the leaf spring. So I think 4-1/8" backspace should work fine if you dont go too big with the tire size.

I will be switching over to large bolt pattern,I bought Yukon axles.All the stuff is siiting in the basement waiting for my lazy butt to get out to the garage!I was plannig on running a 215/70R14.

Sounds like that would work fine.

Be sure to post some pics of it when you get the Mag 500's on. I'd really like to see how it looks. I've considered running them on mine, but I haven't done the big bolt conversion yet.

I have 15x7 with 4 1/8" back spacing on the front of my 68 Barracuda with 225/60 tires. They fit fine. On the rear I have 15x8 with 4.5" backspacing and 255/60 tires. Again no clearance issues.

-
Back