14x8s with 3.25 backspacing on a Swinger?

-

ooo000ooo

Reaction score
Am I completely insane to think 8's with a 3.35 backspacing will fit my '72 Swinger?

The car is equipped with airshocks, but I fear the wheel/tire will rub right up on the wheel opening lip. I have not yet determined the tire size.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Don't think it'll work. You need something closer to 4.25" or so, maybe 4.375". I think you'll be way into the fender with 3.25".

Maybe you could make it work if you wanted to go WAY OLD SCHOOL with the air shocks filled all of the way up & shock extensions on the bottom of them to keep the rear of the car up about 6" or so. \\:D/

I wanted to add that this is based on the assumption that you're using a stock width A body rear.

Won't work unless your sky high in the rear. I agree your looking for a 4.375 backspacing and you could use a couple very thin (1/4" or less) spacers to fine tune if needed.

i have a 72 swinger with 14x8 ansen slots with 3 1/2'' backspacing. had 225-70-14's on it when i got it, and had rubbed the side wall down by the wheel lip. put on 225-60-14 and seem to have plenty of room front and back. dave.

-
Back