15 X 4 wheel on a 71 Duster

-

wes beem

Reaction score

I bought these thinking there was no way in hell a 4" wheel/tire wont fit, but now that i have the wheel installed (dont have the tire yet) it sure looks like its sticking out aweful far.

the plan was to run BF Goodrich Radial T/A's in 155/80/15

Has anyone run a sport lite or another wheel with the same backspacing? Can you confirm if you did or didn't have issues with up front clearance with the wheels fully turned in either direction?

Afraid to buy tires and have them mounted because then i cant return the wheels. I originall wanted to run the 15 X 7s that had better backspacing but they have been discontinued and jegs only has ONE left in stock.

I have the same size wheel.

2D680A3E-485A-402E-9BAD-E129A67AD93A.jpeg

[/URL][/URL]

I bought these thinking there was no way in hell a 4" wheel/tire wont fit, but now that i have the wheel installed (dont have the tire yet) it sure looks like its sticking out aweful far.

the plan was to run BF Goodrich Radial T/A's in 155/80/15

Has anyone run a sport lite or another wheel with the same backspacing? Can you confirm if you did or didn't have issues with up front clearance with the wheels fully turned in either direction?

Afraid to buy tires and have them mounted because then i cant return the wheels. I originall wanted to run the 15 X 7s that had better backspacing but they have been discontinued and jegs only has ONE left in stock.
Are you running fenderwell headers ?
If not run a taller tire up front. Using a tire up front that is around the same diameter as the rear is key to a bad *** look .
Measure many times, get the backspace right and you can easily get a 10 inch wheel and tire to fit .
(With spring relocation)

Last edited:
-
Back