15 x 8 Americans

-

Kevin Jonker

Reaction score
I know alot has been posted as to what will fit on 67 to 69 fish's, American racing has Outlaw 1, 15x8 rim with a 3.75 rear spacing ( large bolt pattern ). Thats all the catalog lists. I will change my rear axles for the lg bolt pattern and as I have 14" outlaw 1's on the front now. Anybody see a problem with 255's or 275's with this rim? I will have either SS springs or Caltracs on it so I would hope if the tire sits out a little it would be alright. Thanks Kevin

A 255/60 15 or a 275/60 15 will fit perfect on a 15x8 rim, 15x7 would also work with these sizes. I would go with the 275's if they fit under your car! :thumbup:

The 255/60 15s on 15x8 steelies work well with my Duster. I think 275s will fit. Maybe try them next time around. :thumbup:

I am most concerned about the backspace of 3.75. It sounds like 4.25 to 4.5 is a better choice for the fish's. Remember this is a 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern rim. I wonder if this b/s is designed more for a B or E body? My 14x7 has a 4" b/s and it does kick the tire out close to the outside edge. Like I said the car will set up higher than stock with the SS's or caltracs.

kevin
i have a 68 cuda with ss springs and the 3/4 off set spring kit. i use a 255 x 60 15 inch steel raylle with 4 5/8 back space on a small bolt pattern. it fits the wheel well very nicely and i have about 1 1/4 inch from the sidewall to the leafspring. and your right the rear end sits up alot higher with these springs.
terry

I`m running a 275/60-15 on a 15 x 8 wheel w/4" backspace on my 68 B`cuda (suspensions all stock) with no problems.

Kevin Jonker said:
Hey Longgone,What kind of tire are you running? M/T? Does it bulge out on the sidewall? Can you email me when you have time? [email protected] I have more questions Thanks, Kevin

Hey Kevin, I`m running a BFG Radial T/A which is kind of rounded on the edge. The sidewalls are wider than the tread as most tires are, but there`s more of a subtle curve to the corners.

this is my 67. it has 15x8 w/4 1/2 back spacing.i also run ss springs with the 3/4 offset.tires are MT 275-60-15 drag radials.

DSCN0185 (Small).JPG

DSCN0187 (Small).JPG

Hey Kevin,I've got a friend that changed from 255 to 275 ,he got 15x8 wheels(back) and 15x7(front).In my opinion the 255 will look and fit better under your car. :headbang:

My Dart 73-2.jpg

If the car doesnt sit high in the back you will rub the wheel lip with that backspacing.

I had 275-60-15s on a 15X8.5" rim with 4-7/8" back spacing and the rear springs moved in and 002/003 springs. The car sat high enough that I could have used less backspacing though.

IM000530.jpg

Hi, Kevin hows it going. Also remember if you go custom axles, some flanges are thicker. When I converted to the B body brakes and Moser race axles the flange pushed my wheel out 3/8 inch more. This may not sound like much but it was the difference between rubbing and not rubbing. I ran Weld wheels with a 4.5 backspace, BFG drag radials 275-50-15. If I could have had a 5.0 backspace it would have been perfect, but they dont make it. Joe

barracuda s 005 (Small).jpg

I like a little more back space, 15x8 4.5 backspace with 275/60/15's M/T et Streets. Waiting on the rims in the mail..... 73 Duster

Hey Joe. I will remember about the axles when I go to get them. The americans that would match my front rims only come with 3 3/4 back space. Bummer.

Thats going to be tight. I have 4.5 backspace. I also have the springs moved in 3/4 inch. If I could get the wheels with a 5.0 backspace it would be perfect. The 275-50-15 are very wide. I went back to my ET streets. Take care. Joe

i have 15x8 American racing Outlaws on the back of my '71 Dart with BFGoodrich Radial T/A 255/60-15's. the do not rub at all, but the back is raised with long shackles. i'm not sure of the backspace on the rims, but there is only 1/2 inch or so of clearance between the tires sidewall and the leaf spring. i'm taking these rims off as soon as i can find something else as i dont really care for them much. i also have a set of 14x7's from the front that i took off already.

-
Back