15 x 9 rim

-

wireweld

Reaction score
will a 15 x 9 rim with 3 1/2 backspacing fit a 72 dart swinger with an 8 3/4 rear and factory leaf locations? will a 15 x 6 with 3 1/2 backspacing fit the front?

The problem with wheels is that all of the cars are not exact duplicates of each other. They all have production tolerances. Something that will fit one Dart may or may not fit another. Take the wheels you presently have on the car. measure the backspace on them, measure clearance to the leafspring, and measure the tire width. Then draw a sketch of what you presently have. Change one thing at a time and see if it fits. that'll give you an educated guess. A good wheel shop will have a tool that will show you how much tire you can get in there. Don't just buy wheels and hope they fit.

don

Front will probably fit. You'd probably want a little more backspacing. The rears will likely put the tire right on the 1/4. i have 3.75" backspacing on a 15x8 and i can barely stick a 275/60/15 without rolling the lip on the 1/4s. so if i have it right in my head, 3.5" will stick the tire out another 1/4" from the rear.

-
Back