15x10 with 4.5 BS on a Dart

-

THEWHITEZOMBIE

Mopars an Heavy Metal
Reaction score
well i got the car all done with the mini tub an spring relo,an its time to up the size from the 255's im going to go with 29x13.50's hossiers an the rim will be weld pro star 15x10 with 4.5 BS.the rear end is a abody 8 3/4 how much do i need to cut the tubes down?

MIKEY

I think you'll need more back space than that. on my 65 Cuda I am running a 5.5 back space and I have moved the springs in but the wheel well is stock. I'd say you will need 6 inch back space or 6.5 if you don't won't the wheels to stick out past the body on your 72 Dart!
Are your tubs in and finished and how much wider did you make them?

no im going to cut the rear down but how much should i cut it,the tubs where moved in to the frame rail with the springs

Keith Mopar said:
I think you'll need more back space than that. on my 65 Cuda I am running a 5.5 back space and I have moved the springs in but the wheel well is stock. I'd say you will need 6 inch back space or 6.5 if you don't won't the wheels to stick out past the body on your 72 Dart!
Are your tubs in and finished and how much wider did you make them?

My answer exactly.

Mike, on a Dart with a stock rear most run 7.5" backspacing on a 15X10. If your rims are 4.5" backspacing thats 3" difference. You'll need to narrow the rear 3" each side. BUT I would mount the rims and tires up, put them under the car were you want them, Then measure so it fits perfect.

THEWHITEZOMBIE said:
well i got the car all done with the mini tub an spring relo,an its time to up the size from the 255's im going to go with 29x13.50's hossiers an the rim will be weld pro star 15x10 with 4.5 BS.the rear end is a abody 8 3/4 how much do i need to cut the tubes down?

MIKEY
I JUST MINI TUBBED MY 69 DART AND MOVED THE SPRINGS IN AS WELL. I'M GOING TO INSTALL A FORD 9" THAT IS BEING NARROWED TO 53 1/2 WHEEL TO WHEEL. I WILL BE RUNNING 29X12.5X15 HOOSIER TIRES AND 15X10 WELD DRAG LITES WITH 5 1/2 BACK SPACING.

-
Back