15x7 on BBody 83/4 - Anyone run this?

-

Golden Scamp

Reaction score
Looking for anyone who has performed a swap of a B Body 83/4 into an A body and runs the 15X7 BBP factory rims. I have been reading that early B Body rears (between 64-68) will mount up on the A Bodies with maybe just a spring perch relocate. The rear overall will be longer but can be used if proper backspacing is used. I have Wheel Vintique 15x7's with the 70R14 redlines I am using on my 68 Dart, and I believe they are 4 1/4 backspacing. Does any run something similar? Will the tires fit the longer rear? Thanks.

I have 14x7's in my dart and they are a snug fit. I know there are guys with the 15x8's . you might have to move the spring in to pull it off.

That's what I was afraid of. I guess relocating the perch is a better option than having to cut the rearend. It sounds like a crap shoot. Guys offering for the Scamp and wants to throw in the B Body rear since he knows I'm needing to replace my 7 1/4 in my Dart. But if the wheels don't fit, I've already got a C body 8 3/4 I can use with the 489 case. ANother post for another forum I guess. Thanks for the input and if anyone else runs this combo, please reply. Thanks guys.

-
Back