15x8 & 15x6 (74 Dodge Dart)

-

LJS30

Reaction score
Would 15x6's in the front with 15x8's in the rear work on my 74 Dodge Dart? I want some decent rubber in the rear but at the same time I do not want any issues with friction and rubbing.

You're definitly fine on the rears. The front should be ok just don't go to crazy with the tire heighth.

My son's '74 Dart Sport has 15x6 on front with 205-60R15 and 15x8 on rear with 235-60R15. Had BF Goodrich Radial TA for 36,000 miles, now Cooper GT Cobras mounted on American Racing Torque Thrust IIs. Depending upon wheel backspacing, you have plenty of room for both front and back. The rears did rub a little, but we could have prevented that if we had trimmed the inside of the wheel lip when doing the body work.

Jerry

can you post a pic of your 74 sport setup?

Here it is with the BFGs. I don't have pics with the new Cooper Cobras.

SL370078.jpg

235-60 15s are perfect on a 15x7 stock mopar rim (4.25" BS). We've run that on a dart, no issues at all. The Dart sport has a bigger wheelwell. I know guys running 255-60-15s wtih no clearance issues.

For 235s to rub on the outside, on a Demon, the offset of your 15x8s must be pretty small. I'd guess ~3.5" or so.

Do you recall the spec.?

As best I can recall, they are about 3-3/4". Standard, nothing special ordered, out of the catalog American Racing Torque Thrust IIs.

Would 15x6's in the front with 15x8's in the rear work on my 74 Dodge Dart? I want some decent rubber in the rear but at the same time I do not want any issues with friction and rubbing.

I too was looking to get the very same wheel set up for my 1974 Gold Duster. I wasl having issues deciding on Tire size, so I figured I would ask for some Suggestions.

My beastly little lady is all original, so I was also trying to keep it that way with easy to swap out parts. So nothing suspension wise has been(and probably wont be) changed.

I figured this was the thread to ask my question since the only difference is the name of the car.

-
Back