15x8's 5 1/2 will they fit what i want?

-

THEWHITEZOMBIE

Mopars an Heavy Metal
Reaction score
Im in the market for new rims an i dont want to cut the rearend down just yet so i have a idea,im thinking that i can run a 15x8 with 5 1/2 bs an still clear for my L60's with the springs moved in an the lip cut,will this work?do any of you think itll work or do u have a better plan?id like to run 15x8s no matter what the spirings in to the frame an the lip cut
thanks for the help again guys
MIKE

You want a set of stock looking 15" x 8" steel rims for the back. I have a set from stockton wheel and had them on my 71 Dart with a 66-67 B body 8 3/4 rear, I ran 225/50 r 15s and they cleared. Don't need the wheels any more as I am running aluminum jeep wheels now. 2 bens plus shipping.

That seems like too much backspacing to me. That'll move the tire towards the spring. To put any size tire in there you're gonna have to offset the springs in the very least. Do that and then do some measuring. That's the only way to tell. My duster (which has a bigger wheel well than a dart) fits a pair of 275-60-15 MT drag radials with off set springs and a Centerline wheel. I believe its 8.5 wide but don't know the backspacing. I have about 5/8" to the spring and didn't have to roll the wheel lip. Oh yeah, i have SS springs on it too. Borrow some wheel/tire combos from friends and try them out before you buy something that won't fit.

don

-
Back