17" or 18" rims on Demon?

-

demon34071

FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So I am looking for some help on my wheel and tire set up:

here is what I have:
72 Demon --
Rear: Mini tubbed and spring relocation kit to the frame rails. running SS leaf springs -- 8.75 rear end that is 55 1/2 total axle flange to flange, 50 3/4 housing.
Front: running stock 73 disc brake setup currently but will eventually be moving to an alterkation set up.

Wheel Combination I am leaning towards:
Wheels will be Mustang Bullitt Rims:
Rears: 18"x10" -- With A Mickey Thomspson #6671 - 28x12.00R18 Sportsman S/R Tire
Front: 18"x8" -- With A Mickey Thomspson #6670 - 28x10.00R18 Sportsman S/R Tire

Any thoughts on the fit??? Or whether I can fit even a larger tire in the rear???

I don't think you will get a 28" tire on the front.

Not sure I understand what you are going for. What is the cars intended end use? The SS springs are not the best choice for cornering, the tires are (in my opinion) an over priced, light truck, budget radial.

listed the wrong tires: They will be Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R tires.

I used to run a 28" Sportsman tire on my drag car, but it was a skinny tire.... I am thinking I may have to switch to a smaller tire up front for clearances.

The intended use of the car is to drive it. I like the look that SS springs stance gives to a Demon and they are free since I have them. I would like to get the Links set up, but I am not sold on the look from the rear with double leaf perches etc etc etc.

You can go bigger on the rear....I have a 12" rim on the back of my Demon w/ a mini to the frame.

That tire is not fitting on the front.

You can go bigger on the rear....I have a 12" rim on the back of my Demon w/ a mini to the frame.

That tire is not fitting on the front.

rjsea
Problem is I can't seem to find any where to get a 18x12 or even a 17x12 Bullit Rim -- Does anyone know if they can be special ordered???

What size and make rear&front wheels & tires are you running on your Demon?

rjsea
Problem is I can't seem to find any where to get a 18x12 or even a 17x12 Bullit Rim -- Does anyone know if they can be special ordered???

What size and make rear&front wheels & tires are you running on your Demon?

I dont think the bullit's come in 12" wide, a place like www.weldcraftwheels.com can widen them if you wanted. Not sure it's worth the expense though.

I have three piece billet wheels, so it's essentially takes 2 rim barrels to make one wheel....($$). I have 345/30/19's on the back, w/ a tri 4link and minitubbed to the rail.

The front is modd'd even more for the stance and is 255/35/18.

-
Back