17" wheel and tire combos for 67-69 barracudas

-

drewmac

Reaction score
This may have been done before but let's see your pics. Offsets are a must.
:finga:

This may have been done before but let's see your pics. Offsets are a must.
:finga:

interesting to see no answers on this. must be people don`t think they would look good, I don`t !!

It was only posted last night. You gotta give people a few to catch up on emails, then get their coffee.

17" x 7" 4.5" bs. Front
17" x 8" 4.75 bs rear.

If you go with an aftermarket or stock disk brake setup from 73 up then you have to account for the extra half inch (plus) on each side due to the spindle change. That being said you would need to increase your bs on the front by about .5 inches to clear the fenders.

If you want to run through Pam's Jamaican Blue Baby build http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=122153&page=11
(post #263)
you will see the mistake/issues I had. Others will say that the difference is more or less, but I measured and the reality was closer to 5/8" - 3/4" on each side.

Measure many times and order once. :D

Good Luck

Attachments

• 100_5430.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 268
  • 100_5442.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 256
  • 100_5034.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 249
interesting to see no answers on this. must be people don`t think they would look good, I don`t !!

hey, I know a guy once who thought his chebby looked good
its your car, do what you want with it :D

17" x 7" 4.5" bs. Front
17" x 8" 4.75 bs rear.

If you go with an aftermarket or stock disk brake setup from 73 up then you have to account for the extra half inch (plus) on each side due to the spindle change. That being said you would need to increase your bs on the front by about .5 inches to clear the fenders.

If you want to run through Pam's Jamaican Blue Baby build http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=122153&page=11
(post #263)
you will see the mistake/issues I had. Others will say that the difference is more or less, but I measured and the reality was closer to 5/8" - 3/4" on each side.

Measure many times and order once. :D

Good Luck

That is a great looking car! Your fastback is too. I have the 73- later brakes on the front so it looks like a 5" backspace will be needed. The reason I specifically did the 67-69 'Cuda is I have found they have a smaller wheel opening than a same year dart so backspace and tire size is important to avoid rubbing the fender. This will help a ton in the wheel tire choice.
THANKS!

You don't know the half of it. I used 18"s on my fb-cuda and went with the maximum b.s. I could get for my rim style, and I still had issues. I ended up cutting an inch out of the leading edge of my front fender lip, after my wheel got into it and tweaked it.

Good luck.:cheers:

Doesn't seem like much is available with a 5" BS on a 17x7. Most mainstream options are all 4". I'm in the same boat. 73+ BBP spindles, looking to keep a 17" off the fenders.

I ran into the same problem finding offsets that would work, and ended up having a friend make me custom hubs for my wilwood brakes. Only deep offsets I could find were for tuner style wheels. :wack:

-
Back