170 slant six Clifford twin intake

-

JDDart

Reaction score
Hey...any help out there regarding linkage and kick down info for 170 with twin 2 barrels and old school kick down linkage. No throttle cable either. Availability or do it need to be made. Car came to me with gas pedal not installed as the the floor pan was replaced. Had no motor but the tranny was there. Original 170 and thats what I'm putting back. But need to fu=igure out the linkage stuff. Any thoughts would be great..

Last edited:
You will have to put something together yourself. You will definitely need the kickdown connected unless you plan to replace the trans soon.

You will have to put something together yourself. You will definitely need the kickdown connected unless you plan to replace the trans soon.
I have the old intake with the carb and some linkage stuff there, so that may be a starting point. Thanks.

Put a 4 speed behind that set up and it would be a little screamer ! I have a 170 with a 4 speed and a 323 7 1/4 sure grip in my 65 Valiant wagon and it's a blast to drive I can only imagine how much fun it would be if it were hopped up with that set up ,good exhaust and a cam

Put a 4 speed behind that set up and it would be a little screamer ! I have a 170 with a 4 speed and a 323 7 1/4 sure grip in my 65 Valiant wagon and it's a blast to drive I can only imagine how much fun it would be if it were hopped up with that set up ,good exhaust and a cam
Actually thought about it but its my daughters and she wants an automatic (go figure). So I gotta find a way to make this work. It will be a screamer. Headers, punched 40 over solid lifters, cam, shaved the head 40...now to bring it all together. Its a 66 valiant 2 door post. Gotta weld the floor boards this weekend but the motor is almost ready to go in.... ugggg

I have actually made the kickdown linkage with a pull cable.. attached at the carburetor opposite of the throttle cable. At the trans just loop it so it pulls the lever back as you give it throttle and fasten it good and secure and adjustable at the carburetor end. I don't remember exactly what I used but like a bicycle hand brake cable should do the trick. I was told it needs to pull 1 to 1 and all the way back at full throttle. Worked good on a little rat rod I built.

I have actually made the kickdown linkage with a pull cable.. attached at the carburetor opposite of the throttle cable. At the trans just loop it so it pulls the lever back as you give it throttle and fasten it good and secure and adjustable at the carburetor end. I don't remember exactly what I used but like a bicycle hand brake cable should do the trick. I was told it needs to pull 1 to 1 and all the way back at full throttle. Worked good on a little rat rod I built.
Sweet....thanks for the info...Gotta pic? LOL...

I have a offenhauser or custom or something bracket they made back in the day bolts right in but it's for a offenhauser four barrel intake only. Can still use the original gas pedal. Rod style

I think you can also use it for a two barrel also.

IMG_0750.JPG

Here's a couple pics . i had to crop em a little bigger. The top cable is the throttle and the lower goes to the tranny lever.
20170328_164134 - Copy.jpg
20170328_165040 - Copy.jpg

I believe Bouchillion offers a linkage elimination kit with brackets, cables etc.,..........

-
Back