177 weind and 446

-
It should fit easy as pie. I pick up manifold tomorrow and i will mill it saturdayn [/ATTACH]

Was having trouble with pics thats why i started a new thread. Trying different things.
Had to go to VGA so pics are crappy but worked

Attachments

• DSCI1478.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 445
  • DSCI1477.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 433
The blower is going to be 2 inches off center of the intake runners????
Would be pretty close If i run an electric water pump. I could use that belt but I am not crazy about electric water pumps on the street. Seems like they would fail??? Then there you are with your keys in your hand

You should run the blower with a dedicated belt. A 10 rib belt would be a nice upgrade.
My 6 rib belt slips on my B+M 174.
My 7 rib belt slips on my ProCharger.
I will be using a 14mm drive on my 8-71.

You should run the blower with a dedicated belt

OK- I will move it forward 2 inches of the manifold centerline and use a dedicated belt

Somebody told me manifolds are tapered and the carb base is not necessarilly parallel
to the the the crank centerline????????
Is this TRUE? This will make this adaptation trickier if true. I will have to mill a wedge or tapered blower plate to get the blower snout parrallel with crank centerline. I will never get that angle perfect but i guess if its close I can mock it up on the engine and weld the plate to the manifold?

ANY IDEA"S????
I think

I think the air cleaner stud hole will be just a little bit of a restriction for the blower. You might want to think about mounting it under the air cleaner. It might work better.

FABO Gold Member

View Photos By: StrokerScamp

I think the air cleaner stud hole will be just a little bit of a restriction for the blower. You might want to think about mounting it under the air cleaner. It might work better.

Really sticks out of the hood,Looks cool though when I am cruising , turns heads. Don't want to stop to fast
Made out of cake!!

I think 15,000 rpm is the safe limit on a 177 blower. The rotors are longer than the 142 series and therefore tend to distort when over driven excessively.

TooSlow, what happened to the 6-71 blower you mentioned in your other thread?

what happened to the 6-71 blower you mentioned in your other thread?

Its used off Ebay and needs a manifold is all...Should probally have it checked out By DYER?? .The 177 is new and i figured not as potent plus I got a great deal
I backed off from the 6-71 because off the double keyed crank issue and I use KB Hyper pistons in my vehicles with the rings gaped for NA engine
I have learned with the tighter ring gap used on hyper pistons if you heat them up to much as with supercharging the top ring will but and pop the land on the piston. So I figure I really need to break down and build a blower motor for the 6-71---but then i have nothing to put it in that could handle that kind of Torque. Plus i have no idea what i am doing with supercharging. Figure the 177 would make a nice begginer wich it has with ALL YOUR HELP...THANKS MAN for going out of your way!!!

-
Back