17s up front 15s in the back??? ANYONE

-

viperredduster

Reaction score
Has anyone put 17 inch drag wheels up front with say a 15x10 rear wheel with some drag radial goodness on one of these cars? I have seen the ls1 guys and fox body guys do it but just wonder what my car would look like with some 17 inch alumastars up front....HMMM

you would look like a front wheel drive ricer...

it will look goofy as hell... what is wrong with a 15x4 up front with a tall tire if thats what your trying to achieve...

Ricers have larger sidewalls up front but less wheel. It would look completely opposite friend. And because 17 inch alumastars look bad ***.

I think anytime you run $900 a pair front wheels it cant look bad! It would look bitchen without a doubt.

Haha woah I dont think I want to spend that but I am just not sure what this setup would look like on a old car. Excuse the blue ovary.

Picture003.jpg

I'd run 17's all the way around if your heart is set on running that size in front. To me that mustang pic looks funny with bigger front rims than back. Almost like I'm looking at two different cars. Nice looking rims though.

I don't know dude. I was gonna say no, but the Rustang doesn't look all that bad. Would be better if the rims matched. I could almost see an arguement for keeping the overall wheel/tire diameter up while decreasing the sidewall height. Could improve driveability and maybe reaction time. (Just putting it out there, haven't had my coffee yet).

Notice the front brakes on the Mustywang? Dude is doing it for a reason.....

Notice the front brakes on the Mustywang? Dude is doing it for a reason.....

I agree, looks like as long as you have the same height of tire it won't look horrible but thats just looking at it from one pic, who knows what it would look like in person. I would probably say see if you can do 17 front and rear with a lower profile dot slick...... just my 2C.

The other thing to consider with the rustang there is maybe the fronts are his street tires and the rears are just his drag tires for the track and he has street wheels for the back that match the front. (That has got to be the longest sentence I have ever posted).

Yeah I thought about all of that. I think on some of the stangs they run cobra brakes so they cant run a 15 up front. I think it would look pretty good on my car but I just cant see shelling out that kinda bacon for a set of wheels that I dont need. Hell I already have the 15 inch billet specialties wheels.

-
Back