17x8 245/45/17 on all four with 4.5bs?

-

AR_Tech

Reaction score
I have a 71 dart with factory small bolt pattern disc brakes and a 8.75 factory rear. I want to mount some showwheels streeters on my car. i am having a hard time finding out if those combo will work. I know I have seen it on the rear with no problems on several cars. Anybody on the front? Would I be better off with 17x7 4.25 bs? Should I run a smaller tire up front? Anybody not happy with their sbp showwheels?

Yeah, he has over 5" of back space with that setup. I keep seeing different numbers from .171" to 0.85 width change each side when converting to large bolt pattern. I probably should just order the the back and try to see if they work on the front before ordering the full set to see if the 4.5 bs works with 17x8s.

I run 17x8's with that BS and tire size on my duster. I get a little rubbing(but because my ride height is a hair too low)

The 5.72 backspacing is what is run from those that have "found out". It is what it is. Unless your getting some kind of special deal, I'd stick with what works.

Good Luck.

Magnumdust, do you have any pictures of your car online?

Here are a few, i can't seem to find the better ones i have. Anyhow, 17x8s 4.5BS 245/45/17 on all corners.

One thing i did need to do though was roll the sharp lip on the inner fenders of front(not hard to do)

note: bottom picture is pre-adapter spacers. Its a stock duster rear end so without the spacers the back wheels sit in too far.(oem wheels look the same way, its just more obvious with bigger wheels)

Attachments

• IMG_0102.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 495
  • IMG_0075.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 454
The 5.72 backspacing is what is run from those that have "found out". It is what it is. Unless your getting some kind of special deal, I'd stick with what works.

Good Luck.

not without at least a 3/4" spacer on an A-body rear end. 5.72 bs on the front is fine, but to avoid spacers you would need a B-body rear.
Ideally, a wheel with 4.75 to 5" bs would work on an A-body rear end.

Attachments

• may26,2012 014_1.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 433
Magnum Dust, thanks for posting the pictures of your wheels. It looks like the they still tuck in pretty good on the front. I may end up getting some larger back spacing since I am thinking about upgrading to 4.5 bp for the larger brakes and disc brakes in the back. However with scrap prices so high, it is difficult to find the parts in the local yards for the conversions. The guy that had parts, wanted so much that I could buy new stuff cheaper :wack:. Decisions:study::banghead::study::banghead::study::banghead::grin:

I have a 71 dart with factory small bolt pattern disc brakes and a 8.75 factory rear. I want to mount some showwheels streeters on my car. i am having a hard time finding out if those combo will work. I know I have seen it on the rear with no problems on several cars. Anybody on the front? Would I be better off with 17x7 4.25 bs? Should I run a smaller tire up front? Anybody not happy with their sbp showwheels?

i like mine, putting 17x7's on the frt. this weekend,.... there's some info and pics in the tech archive forum under wheel and tire sizes by adamr.......there's a guy w/17x8 streeters w/245/45/17's all the way around on a 65 barracuda.
higgs

-
Back