18 days, 17 states, fresh 69 Dart Convertible

-
If you're going to Memphis from Nashville I'll be 130+ miles out of your way towards St. Louis (I'm wayyyy up in the northwest corner of Tennessee near Kentucky and Missouri). Grab all that JD you can, but don't open it until you're well out of their territory -- it's made in a dry county.

If you're on the Berlin tpke Saturday evening stop into Burger King in Newington where there is a Mopar cruise in. Mopars being the feature cars park up front while all others are in the Back! The BK is just north of the DQ!.

+1 I'll be there as long as it does not rain. Good luck with the trip!
I might have my Omni GLH that night. It is "I could have had a v8" night :)

Hahahahahahahah, if they only knew, Mwahh ha ahahahahahaha

I don't even plan on washing it before I leave...and maybe not on the return either. I'll carry a razor blade to clean the bugs, etc, from the windows.

Thank you all.

69 cuda fan, copied the link info, great stuff there thank you
GeorgeR - I cruised it back in the day (late 80's) with my sublime challenger sunroof car, i sure miss those days
VDart, I'll beep, but I'm pretty sure you'll hear me coming!!!!
VEOTOM, I think we're going around KC MO...at least on the KC KS side
OC dart, plan the trip NOW. I flew my daughter to IOWA and I pick her up Sunday
CudaChick - we're headed from Nashville to Memphis on the return trip. If we get to your neck of the woods I will definitely stop in. I've heard there is a thing called Jack Daniels beer in that neck of the woods. Should I get a big cooler?
ARCO440, Yes, yes I am the coolest Dad in the world.!! thanks
Roadcuda, will definitely do that. I'll be on the pike on the 28th. What time do the festivities begin?
We start showing up around 5 pm, official time is 7 till 11, or so!

It has been a little while since i posted. I've been busy. I recently completed the 2nd leg of the around the country journey with the dart. I failed to post before i left for the California part of the tour, busy home life. Regardless i know several of you were following me online, i met several others in person along the way. I wanted to bring the post back to the top, and post the link again, for some self edification.

If your just seing the post for the first time, i drove a rotisserie fresh 69 dart GT convertible around the country, 7,304 miles, in 23 days through 20 states.

The blog starts with the most recent entries. There are some awesome photos, and the story is both amusing and entertaining. Feel free to post comments on the blog. Thanks for letting me share.

Johnjdolan.blogspot.com

http://johnjdolan.blogspot.com

Cool trip! Something I would like to do someday.

Cool! Almost makes me want to cut the top off one of the cars.:D

That's a really nice looking Dart you have there, seen it at fall fling

sounds like a great trip, i hope to some day do the same as soon as i find a dart. allready done that with the jeep to florida a few times with my four wheel drive club

-
Back