18 spline clutch kit choices

-

1967formulaS

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have just purchased a 18 spline 4 speed from the guys at Brewers.
I have been searching for clutch kits online and found only a couple of brands to suit my 130 tooth , 10.5" flywheel and wanted to see what you guys think. I have not used any of these brands previously as i have always used hays street and strip clutches, but cant find one for my application this time.

1.Mcleod
2.Centreforce
3.RAM

Cuda usage:
50/50 street strip use,
4.3 ratio dana S60 rear, 440, 67 Barracuda. 10" rubber on rear.

Those companies all make good products. There are a few others whos names escape me for the moment that can also build you a clutch kit to match your needs. I am going theough the same decision process right now. I would recommend you call a couple of them to see what they recommend will work best for your application. The more specifics you can provide the better match the clutch package should be to your needs.

It depends how much power you are running through it. I assume since you got an 18 spline that you are making decent power. I ran a McLeod RST twin disc for one season and it was junk after one season. I then put a McLeod RXT twin disc in it and after one season it's perfect yet. I highly recommend the RXT. It has ceramic discs instead of organic.
It sounds like our set ups are fairly close. I run mine in a 74 Dart with a 4.30 S-60 with 760hp. It's 70% street and 30% strip.

Its ok, i found the answer as a big no, i would need a 143 tooth flywheel. Seems to be more choices in clutch kits with the bigger flywheel.hmmmm

I run a 10.9" mcleod long style with a borg + beck bolt pattern on a hays 130 flywheel for many years

It is a 10.95 scalloped clutch that will work with your 130 tooth flywheel. I had to grind clearance on the starter nose boss on my "71" 340 stock bellhousing. Worked great. I'll second McLeod, but have no experience with the other two. You can call or e-mail McLeod , tell them what you have and get their recommendation also. Great to deal with.

-
Back