19067 Barracuda current paint codes?

-

FASTEDDIE1960

Reaction score
Trying to find a paint code for my 1967 Barracuda fastback...either 4797L Arctic Blue Metallic or 4812 Bright Blue Metallic.. NOBODY around my area can match the factory paint code without having a sample they can photograph?? any help would be greatly appreciated. I need a more current code.. Thanks very much

Is their any small part that is under hood, trunk lid, etc. that can be removed & taken to them for a match? Maybe a fender attaching bolt under the hood that still has the original paint on it?

Those names don't seem to be 1967 Plymouth factory colors. Where did you get them? Here are the 1967 Plymouth "blues":
CC-1 Ditzler#13159 Medium Blue
DD-1 #13043 Light Blue
EE-1 #13040 Dark Blue

That's it. No "Arctic Blue" or "Bright Blue", and I don't recognize those numbers.

OK, the Plymouth color names are shown in the righthand column — Eddie was using the Chrysler names. I provided the factory codes for the blue tones.

The thing is, paint formulations have changed — the only way to really match an old spec is to scan a sample.

My question for Eddie is, which color are you trying to match? Do you have the fender tag paint code?

The 4797L is the Dupont Code for Medium Blue. @niceolddart Is right about the backside of a hood or decklid being a good place to look for the original paint. However, I think that one of the best places to look is under the door striker post. Use some tape to mark the original position and then remove it. The paint under the strikernpost washer has never seen sunlight, never been dirty, and should be prisyteen.

OK, the Plymouth color names are shown in the righthand column — Eddie was using the Chrysler names. I provided the factory codes for the blue tones.

The thing is, paint formulations have changed — the only way to really match an old spec is to scan a sample.

My question for Eddie is, which color are you trying to match? Do you have the fender tag paint code?
thanks, this was originally GOLD then painted blue at some point and i'm trying to match the BLUE, it is really faded so that is why i'm trying to
The 4797L is the Dupont Code for Medium Blue. @niceolddart Is right about the backside of a hood or decklid being a good place to look for the original paint. However, I think that one of the best places to look is under the door striker post. Use some tape to mark the original position and then remove it. The paint under the strikernpost washer has never seen sunlight, never been dirty, and should be prisyteen.
thanks very much i will try that today, thanks to all for helping me with this situation.

-
Back