1947 Plymouth Special Deluxe

-

fastcorgigarage

Reaction score
I got me a new project over the tax season. I ended up getting a daily driver 1947 Plymouth Special Deluxe 2 door sedan with 42,000 original miles, and original flathead 6 and 3 on the tree transmission. I have done the interior (but I don't like it and will be changing it soon). I will be converting it over to a 12 volt system this summer and adding a aftermarket A/C kit. Other than that just very minor body work and paint needs to be done.

I have had several cash and trade offers for her but not the right one I guess cause I turned them all down so far.

Attachments

• 1972274_619149474806085_2053614433_n.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 471
  • 1658566_619149168139449_1547089921_o.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 475
  • 1798885_619149134806119_396360753_o.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 485
  • 1960770_619149291472770_462795539_o.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 471
  • 1899863_619149341472765_1498493988_o.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 453
  • 1614189_619149314806101_2077865558_o.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 476
  • 1556437_619149064806126_729319778_o.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 478
  • 1913483_619149098139456_61039337_o.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 499
  • 1913483_619149038139462_438992160_o.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 490
WOOAH!!! I'm still dizzy from looking at the interior pics. I'd hate to be in there if I had a buzz on. LOL!!! The car looks solid! Nice find!

WOOAH!!! I'm still dizzy from looking at the interior pics. I'd hate to be in there if I had a buzz on. LOL!!! The car looks solid! Nice find!

I'm going to be redoing the interior with a black embossed vinyl where you see the grey color, and I don't know what else to replace the red areas.

A car club buddy ,acquired on on these on the cheap.Ended up root beer brown on the whole car. He found some decent looking wheels for it. The flat 6 ,went every where. Cool ride.

I'm going to be redoing the interior with a black embossed vinyl where you see the grey color, and I don't know what else to replace the red areas.

I really don't want to offend you. - And I'm no expert on upholstery. But I can't see the red/white pattern ever working unless the rest of the car is done crazy wild. My personal opinion (for what it's worth) is that I'd have to tame it down. The gray portions don't bother me. Especially because they blend with the painted gray areas of the interior. I could see leaving the gray alone and changing the rest. I don't know what your plans are for exterior color, but even if it is going to be red I would have gone with an un-patterned material that was pleated or maybe a tuck & roll.

I really don't want to offend you. - And I'm no expert on upholstery. But I can't see the red/white pattern ever working unless the rest of the car is done crazy wild. My personal opinion (for what it's worth) is that I'd have to tame it down. The gray portions don't bother me. Especially because they blend with the painted gray areas of the interior. I could see leaving the gray alone and changing the rest. I don't know what your plans are for exterior color, but even if it is going to be red I would have gone with an un-patterned material that was pleated or maybe a tuck & roll.

The reason why I used the material I did was because the seats were in complete shambles, and I could afford any material at the time so I used the material I found folded up on the trunk. I'm not a fan of it either considering I'm color blind to red. no offense taken by the way I just made due with what I had and could afford.

That car is way cool Gene, I'd be hanging on to that for a while.

BTW the envelope went out yesterday morning so keep an eye out.

Let me know what Baby Snakes thinks.

That car is way cool Gene, I'd be hanging on to that for a while.

BTW the envelope went out yesterday morning so keep an eye out.

Let me know what Baby Snakes thinks.

I will brother. Thanks again.
Oh I also don't plan to sell it anytime soon but if the right trade came along the wheels might start turning.

The reason why I used the material I did was because the seats were in complete shambles, and I could afford any material at the time so I used the material I found folded up on the trunk. I'm not a fan of it either considering I'm color blind to red. no offense taken by the way I just made due with what I had and could afford.

Glad you didn't take offense. I think the car itself is really cool and I think it's got the potential to be gorgeous when you get it done. I love that dash and steering wheel. - Hard to believe that they still look that good. It doesn't really look like the car needs much. It isn't often that you can find a car in that kind of shape. As much as I like to see customizing, - yours looks more like an easy restoration.

Glad you didn't take offense. I think the car itself is really cool and I think it's got the potential to be gorgeous when you get it done. I love that dash and steering wheel. - Hard to believe that they still look that good. It doesn't really look like the car needs much. It isn't often that you can find a car in that kind of shape. As much as I like to see customizing, - yours looks more like an easy restoration.

I love this car and I drive it daily. The motor is quiet and runs like a sewing machine! This is quite possibly the best car I have purchased in years.

I like it. I wouldn't change the interior but would get some paint on it.
Then just repair what it needs to keep it on the he road.

I fell in love with a business coupe of that same style, before I could drive.

I'd stand in front of the fence/lot where it was stored for long periods of time, dreaming.

The correct placement for that interior pattern would be over the curves of a woman's body. Imagine the "vortex" effect.

Thank you for all of the kind words. I will be fixing the minor rust holes next weekend and since I cant afford a paint shop to spray my car Im having a paint supply company make me a 12 pack of custom color spray cans. Wont be perfect but will prevent further rust issues till I can afford a better paint job.

Thank you for all of the kind words. I will be fixing the minor rust holes next weekend and since I cant afford a paint shop to spray my car Im having a paint supply company make me a 12 pack of custom color spray cans. Wont be perfect but will prevent further rust issues till I can afford a better paint job.

If you haven't bought the paint yet, have you considered painting it with a roller?

This car was done with a roller believe it or not.

Attachments

• DSC02769.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 380
If you haven't bought the paint yet, have you considered painting it with a roller?

This car was done with a roller believe it or not.

I haven't purchased the paint yet. That car was really done with a paint roller!?!?!?!? That is freaking crazy.

-
Back