[WANTED] 1950 chrylser rear drum

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
here are a few places to try,if you havent already,,,

moparts,street rod section,,,,

P/15-D/24 site,,40s and 50s mopars stock and modified

the H.A.M.B big site big classified section

good luck with the car,,,there is a junk yard in N,E PA crushing has several late 40s early 50s mopars,,, place is called englers,,

good luck with the car,,,there is a junk yard in N,E PA crushing has several late 40s early 50s mopars,,, place is called englers,,

Yep tried all those even ebay a guy sold me a 49 desoto drum but its no where close mine is 12 inches that 49 was 11 inches

I replied to your email, will need to find hollander info, sounds as if there is a hub "peened" to the rear drums on your Windsor?

Attachments

• 100_0287.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 126
  • 100_0288.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 100_0289.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 118

I replied to your email, will need to find hollander info, sounds as if there is a hub "peened" to the rear drums on your Windsor?

My Windsor has studs that screw into hub Also there left handed threads on the studs

My Windsor has studs that screw into hub Also there left handed threads on the studs I didn't get your email I check my spam too

Temples Auto Parts
7303 Two Notch Road
Batesburg, S.C. 29006

1-800-922-7311

help anyone from south Carolina this place has a couple but he don't pull them

Temples Auto Parts
7303 Two Notch Road
Batesburg, S.C. 29006

1-800-922-7311

help anyone from south Carolina this place has a couple but he don't pull them

have you tried any of the mopar restoration suppliers ?? post a seperate add under the general section for some one near that yard in S,C ,, have you checked rock auto.com ? do you have a mom and pop auto parts store near you ?? not a chain auto parts store,,good luck

have you tried any of the mopar restoration suppliers ?? post a seperate add under the general section for some one near that yard in S,C ,, have you checked rock auto.com ? do you have a mom and pop auto parts store near you ?? not a chain auto parts store,,good luck

Yep tried all of them and had no luck

was yarding yesterday in east El Paso, at the U Pull It. This is what i believe is 50 Dodge Truck, also 11 inch diameter. Front and rear. Lug studs on a hub in front and pass through drum in rear into a threaded hole - is that the same deal on your car? Sounds like your deal is similar to VW / Audi /and Porsche? (in the way the lug bolts screw into a threaded hole on the drum) Am going over to local (Dona Ana, NM) yard today before work, will measure Cranbrooke rear drum diameters.

Attachments

• 100_3243.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 100_3244.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 114
  • 100_3241.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 107
  • 100_3242.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 114
was yarding yesterday in east El Paso, at the U Pull It. This is what i believe is 50 Dodge Truck, also 11 inch diameter. Front and rear. Lug studs on a hub in front and pass through drum in rear into a threaded hole - is that the same deal on your car? Sounds like your deal is similar to VW / Audi /and Porsche? (in the way the lug bolts screw into a threaded hole on the drum) Am going over to local (Dona Ana, NM) yard today before work, will measure Cranbrooke rear drum diameters.
mine is 12 inches on the inside drum and yes mine has screw in stud on mopars the driver side is left handed i guess it doesnt matter what side you get off the rear as long as its 12 inches inside of drum also my brake shoes measure 2 inches if that help thanks alot

here is my drum just remember mine is broke on the center...the center stick out more when not broke..

here is my drum just remember mine is broke on the center...the center stick out more when not broke..

Try Bud's Salvage in Aline OK 73716 800-375-2837. There was a lot of 40s and 50s stuff there when I was out there last.

The other thing you might consider is putting a modern rear end under the car so you can get parts easier.

Remember to also try Mr. Park, probably the biggest C body guy around, although your car probably predates the alphabetic body series thing. As I remember he is in Tiffin OH.

Remember to also try Mr. Park, probably the biggest C body guy around, although your car probably predates the alphabetic body series thing. As I remember he is in Tiffin OH.

He has one but way out of my price range

Just found a 53 54 Plymouth are the rear drums the same as my Chrysler anyone know mine is a 12 inch drum

Did you call Bud's? If they don't have it they might tell you what fits.

Yep he wants 150 shipped kinda out of my price range would like to find it a little cheaper but if I have to spend 150 I will I just found a Plymouth trying to see if it has the same rear drums

You might consider picking this up since it would be a wealth of information and it is going off soon.

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/1953-HOLLANDER-PARTS-INTERCHANGE-BOOK-VERY-GOOD-CONDITION-/331065616241?pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item4d150c6771&vxp=mtr"]1953 Hollander Parts Interchange Book Very Good Condition | eBay[/ame]

I just looked it up, Hollander lists the hub and the drum as separate pieces instead of an assembly so you have a double issue to work with to get the correct part. Do you have a 4 1/2" or a 5 1/2" bolt pattern? 6 cylinder or a V8 car?

What questions did Bud's ask you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back