[WANTED] 1950 chrylser rear drum

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
unless its a restored car,,i would consider a more modern rear axel,,from the 60 70 80,,,drums are easy to get,,new or used,,,guys on the P15/D24 site can tell you hwat would interchange,, i know its not mopar but the ford explorer 8.8 with rear disc brakes is a popular swap,,,many to choose from and plentyful in the yards and craigs list

I got one off a 51 Chrysler Windsor but its a different bolt pattern I don't see why it would mine is a 50 Chrysler Windsor

Has the front been switched to disc brakes?? am going to guess no. Maybe it would be advantageous to convert all four corners to a 4 1/2 in bolt pattern using Ford or Mopar stock parts. Perhaps the 75-80 Granada / Monarch / Versailles setup front and rear could be modified and used. many of the Granada / Monarchs used a leaf sprung 8 in rear axle. Or perhaps the 73-78 LTD / Marquis?? What about Furys, Gran Furys, Newports or Monacos in the 69 - 81 time frame??

I just looked it up, Hollander lists the hub and the drum as separate pieces instead of an assembly so you have a double issue to work with to get the correct part. Do you have a 4 1/2" or a 5 1/2" bolt pattern? 6 cylinder or a V8 car?

What questions did Bud's ask you?

I got one off a 51 Chrysler Windsor but its a different bolt pattern I don't see why it would mine is a 50 Chrysler Windsor

6 cylinder verses a V8 car. I mentioned that in post 25 when I asked you what question Bud's asked.

Might check on this one. Ad lists it as a rear, description lists it as front but clearly the picture is rear.

[ame]http://www.ebay.com/itm/1951-chrysler-windsor-rear-brake-drum-52-53-54-6-and-8-cylinder-custom-rod-RR-/400616504181?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d469abb75&vxp=mtr[/ame]

6 cylinder verses a V8 car. I mentioned that in post 25 when I asked you what question Bud's asked.

Might check on this one. Ad lists it as a rear, description lists it as front but clearly the picture is rear.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1951-chrysl...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d469abb75&vxp=mtr
3 of the holes are messed up when he tried to pull it...i think i found one on ebay...i returned the 51 drum i got i drove 4 hours one way got there and it wasnt a 51 chrysler he took it off it was a 48 desoto..i looked his hole yard and nothing...but he had some really nice cars

i would find a more modern rear axel, and do the swap so your not pulling your hair out looking for what may be a needle in 2 hay stacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back