-
Status
Not open for further replies.

h-bomb

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
This is my gorgeous 1957 Plymouth Savoy 4 Door sedan I affectionately call "Nadine."

Nadine is a numbers matching, all original, mostly un-restored, 100% rust-free car with one professional repaint just completed in March of 2008 by the legendary "Christine" builder, Donnie Taylor, of Overhome Classics in Thorn Hill, Tennessee.

Nadine was a southern Colorado car all her life, being sold new at Hunter Bros Plymouth in 1957 and was parked sometime by the original owner in 1980 with only 66K miles on the clock.

Fast forward to 2007 when I discovered her. She only had minor rust in one dogleg and over both headlights, all of which was cut out and replaced with METAL. A beautiful re-paint in two-stage "Ginger" and "Sand Dune White" was just completed. All chrome is original -- no rechroming anywhere, and all stainless and aluminum trim was removed during the repaint and polished before re-assembly. The car had some really bad seat covers installed some time in the 60's, which managed to beautifully preserve the original upholstery, save for the front seat bottom (worst part is where the driver's butt goes -- what's left of the cover is still there.) Yards of this original upholstery material is available NOS from SMS Fabrics should one wish to fix the only bad part. All the interior is VERY NICE as you can tell from the pictures. The factory padded dash was toast, so it was removed. Believe it or not, what you see in the pics is an improvement! This should be an easy fix for any competent upholstery shop. Everything works perfectly, such as the headlights, dash lights, turn signals, horn, wipers, heater, taillights, brake lights, etc. The speedo just stopped recently and the gas gauge is not working for some reason. The radio powers on and lights up and "pops" through the speakers, but no music plays. Could be something easy? The temp gauge and oil pressure/ammeter lights work fine. The mileage is known to be correct although I do not have documentation. The car was previously one family owned. I am the second owner of the car, and she has always been garaged.
The engine is a 301 Polyspheric V8 that runs like new, although has never been into, save for a newly-completed major tuneup, valve adjustment, carb overhaul and new gaskets. The transmission is a pushbutton Torqueflite which works very smoothly once she warms up. Shifting to second can be tricky when cold, but the pushbuttons work flawlessly and she drives down the road great. This car does not have power steering or power brakes, but the brand new Coker Classic wide whitewall tires and completely rebuilt brake system (master cylinder, brake cylinders, shoes, hoses, etc.) make driving the car pretty effortless. At roughly 60 miles per hour, the car tracks straight and true with absolutely no vibration, shimmy or pulling whatsoever. The car still rides on the factory front shocks, and a new air shock kit was added to the rear. Also, the factory dual exhaust is still in place, with one new tailpipe and two new stainless exhaust tips. Great pains were taken to preserve as much of Nadine's original equipment, paint, (underhood, trunk and door jambs,) and factory chalk marks. She is, save for the paint job, a real "survivor!"

All serious buyers are welcome, and greatly encouraged, to come by and see the car if possible. You will not be disappointed, and please bring your magnet. I dare you to find a place that it won't stick! Just let me know and we’ll set up a time. Email [email protected] for phone number, more info, pictures, etc. If you are unable to see Nadine in person, please look over all the pictures provided, and click below for a quick video of her starting up and idling. The soundtrack is off-time about a second from the video, but you'll get the idea. I'm not sure why -- I must have screwed up a setting on my camera. You'll see when I turn the key it takes a split second before you hear her crank and fire. Oh well, you'll get the idea! Note the TEMP gauge when starting -- she's ICE COLD! Also, check out the tailpipes. NO SMOKE whatsoever! And the odometer -- 67k miles!!!

Nadine is a lot of fun and a genuine head-turner. But the time has come to move on to a new project, so she's ready to go to a new home. Everyone thinks this is just a beautiful car and I get thumbs up and waves everywhere I go.

Asking price is $8,950. Open to trades. I can help ship anywhere. Car is located just north of Atlanta, Georgia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie7nRSwbgDI

f249_3.JPG

P1000621.jpg

P1000634.jpg

P1000628.jpg

P1000614.jpg

P1000635.jpg

NadineHomeone006.jpg

Thanks...hope it sells. I'm dying to buy an A-body Barracuda!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back