-
Status
Not open for further replies.

60jerry

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I know, this ain't a Mopar, but I'd like to get an early A-body. I'm enjoying working on my Chevy, but a Dart of some sort won't leave me alone. I haven't had a Mopar since my second '66 GT about 35 years ago. I loved both of the '66 GT cars that I had and miss them.

I ain't a Rockefeller, so I must lose one of my Chevys. I have a 60 Chevy sedan delivery and this Bel Air 2dr sedan. The sedan is in the midst of custom work. The tailllights are frenched and the tailpipes are recessed into the rear valances, kinda like a '65 Dart 273 4bbl. It has a mild 350 V-8, fresh TH700R4, power disc brakes and completely rebuilt front and rear suspension. I used tubular upper control arms for the extra camber adjustment since I shortened the coils to lower it. Fresh exhaust with turbo-type mufflers. The tranny now has about twenty feet of travel on it--just back and forth from the garage. No windshield yet, so I'm reluctant to hit the street. Dash is painted and I built a custom console that includes two power outlets and a switch for the electric fuel pump that will run continuously if needed, but I just use it to prime the Edelbrock 1406 carb after it hasn't been started for a few days. I have the original deluxe heater with a new core and a thermo valve that works. I've been planning on A/C heat, so didn't install the heater, but it's easy to do. Not shown are the vintage slot mags and new tires. I have virtually all parts to finish except A/C and some of the upholstery material. Plan is to paint it dark non-metallic purple for a nice look daytime and almost a black look at night.

What do I want in particular? First desire is a '66 GT hardtop V-8. Others are not off the table but that's where I start in my minor obsession.

Rather than having to deal with the riff-raff of other sites, I thought I'd pitch this against the wall and see if it sticks. I'm aware that Mopar guys are pretty strong about the Mopars and I think that's fine. I happen to like many different cars, not all of them Chevys. I'm infatuated with '72 Satellite Sebrings, '60 Chrysler 2dr hardtops, '60 Ford Starliners, squarebirds, '53-'54 Studebaker Starlight coupes and, of course, A-body Mopars. Valiant Signet hardtop is cool.

By the way, how do ya pronounce "Signet"? Is it "sig-net" with a hard g or more like "sigh-net"? Hope my phonetics make sense.

Pricing? Well heck, I don't know. I've got about $7000 in the Chevy. I'm willing to look at Darts and make my own decision of it's value to me. Let's add this----- I'm sick of fixing rusted out panels and would love to get a car that needs dents and dings fixed and paint, but I don't want to do half a mile of mig wire. This Chevy got two floor pans and I can't think of any other bothersome rust. Some places are thin, but rust stablizer is being used on the insides of those places. Not many dents and none are difficult. Some audio stuff could go with the car, but I'd like to make a Mopar play my tunes nice and loud so might keep that. At 66 years of age, loud music isn't gonna damage my hearing--I hope.

Thanks to those who stuck with my mini-novel. Now I'm back to work on the Chevy. Runs great.

Jerry

I'm struggling to find a way to put pics here, but ain't got it yet. Anybody got some suggestions?

here are the pics of the car he's trying to work the trade with

Attachments

• 60 sedan mopar pics 010.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 257
  • 60 sedan mopar pics 011.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 269
  • 60 sedan mopar pics 013.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 261
  • 60 sedan mopar pics 015.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 258
  • 60 sedan mopar pics 020.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 262