1960 NASCAR Compact Car Race at Daytona

-

cam.man67

Reaction score
Im doing some research for my blog about the race at Daytna in 1960 where the Hyperpack Valiants dominated the Ford and Chevy competitors. Supposedly it was called a compact car race, and supposedly it was televised. But beyond that, I'm striking out. I would really love to find some vintage footage of the race. Anybody have any info as to where I might find it?

Adam

Dammit. Nevermind.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMAzO-0uXq0"] [/ame]

Thanks, Keith. Actualy, I have actually seen that website, lot of cool pics and such on there. I used that on this morning's blog post. But what I'm really interested in is finding the old race footage from it. It was supposedly televised, and I for the life of me can't find it anywhere.

EDIT: CBS supposedly broadcast it, Bud Palmer was anchorman. Does this help?

I've recently see articles about old TV footage being saved on to new stock buy a group associated with the Smithsonian Institute in Washington DC. At first I thought it was just old movies but one item mentioned in the article was an unknown interview with BB King before he was famous so some newsy stuff is also being preserved. Also have you contacted Nascar directly? They might also have an archive of old film. Personally I'd love to see footage of this race!!!!!

Hmm good thought, valiantpatrol. I think the next step is making contact with somebody. My best friend suggested getting ahold of somebody who works with CBS' archives, but NASCAR is a pretty good idea as well.

-
Back