1960 Valiant Inner Fender Problem

-

mey6t6

Reaction score
Back in 1960, the "inner fenders" were some kind of fiber matting held in with clips. Anybody know where to get that material or better yet, reproduces them? I might be able to uncrumple one of the originals in my car enough to use it as a pattern but I can't find material to make it out of. I thought of buying semi-trailer mud flaps and make them out of that but I can't find any that are plain, flat rubber. All of them have grooves and stupid logos like "Ford"
in raised letters.

I believe these are called a splash shield

Try a pickup truck bed liner mat.

Back in 1960, the "inner fenders" were some kind of fiber matting held in with clips. Anybody know where to get that material or better yet, reproduces them? I might be able to uncrumple one of the originals in my car enough to use it as a pattern but I can't find material to make it out of. I thought of buying semi-trailer mud flaps and make them out of that but I can't find any that are plain, flat rubber. All of them have grooves and stupid logos like "Ford"
in raised letters.

I purchaced a set of reproductions for my 62 Lancer, which should be the same, from Gary Goers out of Montana a couple of years ago.
I think he's still around. Carries a lot of older mopar stuff that you can't find elseware. The two cost $9.30 each at that time.(part # 102ww)
His website is/was www.garygoers.com
Good luck.

-
Back